Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!! My name is Rod and I'm from San Diego, CA. I'm finally a proud owner of an xD9. I've been lurking this forum for the past month now trying to learn more about this hobby/sport. This is my first time owning a real gun. As a kid, I grew up on airsoft guns and always liked to shoot. I never had the nerve or interest in owning one until just recently thanks to the show Sons of Guns. I chose the xD because of its unique safety features and reputation. Although I know there is no perfect safety I wanted something that offered more than just the standard since I have 3 young kids. I look forward to being part of this community and gaining as much knowledge as possible to help me become a responsible gun owner and a skilled shooter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello All!! My name is Rod and I'm from San Diego, CA. I'm finally a proud owner of an xD9. I've been lurking this forum for the past month now trying to learn more about this hobby/sport. This is my first time owning a real gun. As a kid, I grew up on airsoft guns and always liked to shoot. I never had the nerve or interest in owning one until just recently thanks to the show Sons of Guns. I chose the xD because of its unique safety features and reputation. Although I know there is no perfect safety I wanted something that offered more than just the standard since I have 3 young kids. I look forward to being part of this community and gaining as much knowledge as possible to help me become a responsible gun owner and a skilled shooter.
Welcome to community!! I'm also in San Diego and glad to see another member from the same city I'm from. The xD9 is an awesome firearm and had a few friends that disliked the xD want one. Lol :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Ofna! Where do you like to shoot? So far, I've only shot at American Shooting Center. I know Discount Gun Mart has a range also and I have yet to try. That's where I bought it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you Ofna! Where do you like to shoot? So far, I've only shot at American Shooting Center. I know Discount Gun Mart has a range also and I have yet to try. That's where I bought it.
Lately I've been shooting at American shooting because I just got done building my AR15 and getting sight in. Discount is normally where I go because the hours and I can't wait till they open up there new lanes for rifles. I purchased all my firearms and all accessories from Parallax Tactical, they have the best prices in San Diego to my knowledge.

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
Hello Rod, welcome from Louisiana.

·
Premium Member
23,668 Posts
hello there

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Hello Rod, welcome to the forum from Northern California!

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Welcome from Central Florida!

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Welcome from Wonderful Wyoming.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I am a SoCal escapee, I grew up in San Marcos. I now live in a free state....:)

Learn as much as you can on here and get to the range often! Stay safe.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Welcome to the forum Rod...:)

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Welcome from Iowa

·
Registered
608 Posts
welcome.. I lived in San Diego for a couple years on the Marine Corps recruit depot... miss it alot.. esp the mexican food :p

1 - 20 of 23 Posts