Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy everyone. First thanks for the forum. I was researching my pistol before I bought it and the info on this site helped to solidify my decision.

I'm not sure if this is the correct area for my first question, but I'm new and I I'm a bit confused. I purchased a xd .40 sub compact and I'm see SA-XD and other nomenclature. Does my sub fit into this class?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Welcome from PA! I'm new here as well. If i understand your question correctly, SA-XD just stands for Springfield Armory-XD. Usually if folks are talking about the subcompact, its XD9sc or something like that.

·
Premium Member
127,420 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
Welcome from WV. If that is your question PGHxd9 is right, you would have a XD40sc

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Welcome from Indiana!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Colorado

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome from VA - I've been thinking about adding a xd40sc to my collection. How do you like it?
I have limited experience with Springfield weapons, but right off the bat the feel and the trigger pull sold the gun. The size is only rivaled by the carr I was looking at for twice the price; but I was not impressed with the build quality of the carr. The guy behind the counter could hardly get the magazine back into the pistol.

I've only shot 20 rounds through it, more to test the trigger pull and get used to the weapon. I did not shoot at any target (4-wheeling trip). I was impressed on how manageable the .40 was. Though it's an inch shorter, the 3" acted much more like my buddies HK 4" sc, and I like the consistant trigger much better than the HK double action.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Welcome to the forum from UT!

Glad to see you speak up and ask a question. We are a tame bunch and will do what we can to help you out. Now go shoot that XD and it is safe to dry fire the XD but I use snap caps in mine. After a few hundered rounds, the trigger will become even better.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts