Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Tim.

I just got the 4.5 bi-tone XDm 9mm. Love the gun! I was loading the clip and filled it to capacity, all 19 and noticed that when I tried to put the clip in, it would not stay in unless I really smacked it to get it to lock. Then once in, you could not eject the clip using the clip release. The only way I could get the clip out was to chamber a round, then it would let me release the clip. It is almost as if 19 rounds puts way too much stress on the spring and the gun and it does not function properly. 18 rounds it reacts perfectly. I can put an 18 round clip in and it releases the clip no problem.

Has anyone else experienced this or heard about this being an issue? Again I got this gun yesterday so it may just need to break in a bit. Was curious though.

Thanks for any help on this, thank you for your time and nice to meet you all :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
It's a magazine not a clip but welcome to the forums.:)

Anyway, it's a common thing for what you are describing to happen and will get better over time. If you want to speed up the process, release the magazine by slapping the bottom of the magazine with the heal of your hand while pressing the mag release when it's full with all 19 rounds. Do that several times and it should loosen up for you.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ok first of all don't use the word "clip" as those do not exist anymore and will most likely cause people to make fun of you.

What you are referring to is the "magazine". On a new magazine the spring will be stiff for a while. I always leave a new mag loaded for a few days to help break in the spring.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Nothing Like a tight clip! Just load that puppy up and slam it home over and over ... sooner or later shell loosen up for ya!
Welcome to the forum!
Cheers!

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum from Colorado

What they said about loading it up and leave it sit for a while

·
Registered
273 Posts
My XD45 has 15000+ through it and still takes a good amount of force to load a full mag into. Nothing to worry about. If I carry an extra mag, I only load 12 in it and it's a bit easier to load.

·
Premium Member
127,161 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Tim.

·
Registered
18,141 Posts
Ok first of all don't use the word "clip" as those do not exist anymore and will most likely cause people to make fun of you.

What you are referring to is the "magazine". On a new magazine the spring will be stiff for a while. I always leave a new mag loaded for a few days to help break in the spring.
well...
I have clips for weapons that can use clips to load their magazine. I also have magazines for weapons that take magazines. so clips DO exist.

and yes calling magazines "clips" will cause people to make fun of you.

·
Registered
261 Posts
My name is Tim.

I just got the 4.5 bi-tone XDm 9mm. Love the gun! I was loading the clip and filled it to capacity, all 19 and noticed that when I tried to put the clip in, it would not stay in unless I really smacked it to get it to lock. Then once in, you could not eject the clip using the clip release. The only way I could get the clip out was to chamber a round, then it would let me release the clip. It is almost as if 19 rounds puts way too much stress on the spring and the gun and it does not function properly. 18 rounds it reacts perfectly. I can put an 18 round clip in and it releases the clip no problem.

Has anyone else experienced this or heard about this being an issue? Again I got this gun yesterday so it may just need to break in a bit. Was curious though.

Thanks for any help on this, thank you for your time and nice to meet you all :)
Did you do all this with the slide locked back? I found that my XD, does that if the magazine is full IF the slide is not locked back. Otherwise, works just fine.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Haha!

Flame on!!

It will loosen up as it breaks in. I can eject my mag using my index finger no problem.

:D

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Louisiana.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
:DJust because the owners manual says the magazine will hold 19 is no sign you have to put 19 into it. A lot of people complain about the exact same thing. So my theory is, if it works perfectly with 18, why worry about it. Just tell yourself it is an 18 round magazine and all is well. If you ever get into a gun fight if you haven't stopped the threat with 18 bullets, one more won't make any difference.
Welcome to the forum.:D

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
:DJust because the owners manual says the magazine will hold 19 is no sign you have to put 19 into it. A lot of people complain about the exact same thing. So my theory is, if it works perfectly with 18, why worry about it. Just tell yourself it is an 18 round magazine and all is well. If you ever get into a gun fight if you haven't stopped the threat with 18 bullets, one more won't make any difference.
Welcome to the forum.:D
It works perfectly with 19!

He just needs to do more 3 finger push ups!

:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts