Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my first real pistol, the XD .45, and so far I'm impressed. I joined up here because web searches for most of my questions about my gun took me here. So far I've shot a whole 100rds, looking forward to many more. I spotted the XD after firing a friend's Para Warthog .45, and another friend's ruger .45, deciding I wanted something in between them. Had my eye on the XD for a while, but wasn't sure if I could shoot good with the short barrel. I wanted the high capacity double stack mag, but the warthog is just too small for my hand. The ruger was the right size (little big, but nice), but lacked a double stack mag. Looked at the glock, was advised against it for a few reasons, and the overly boxy handle to accomodate the clip didn't feel good. Finally I rented an XD at a local range, and emptied a box of blazer aluminum case ammo. I LOVED it, so I bought the identical model. So, here I am, about to ask a bunch of nOOb questions about reloading, and pistol related things. :rolleyes:

It's not like I'm completely unfamilliar with guns, just pistols. My first pistol was a cheapo pheonix arms .22, which isn't bad for a $150 gun. Bought it used (almost new) off a friend with 3 spare mags, long and short barrell, spare grips, springs, and in excellent condition. He didn't like it, so he only shot it a couple times. So, wanting a .22 auto pistol, I bought it. I understand it's not the greatest .22, but it seems to be OK. :-|

Most of my shooting experience is with rifles and shotguns, my deer gun is a black remington 870 with a rifled cantilever barrel. It's got a BSA cat's eye 4.5x scope, and it seems to like Winchester partition platinums. I can hit a CD @ 200 yds with that thing, which means any deer under 150 yds might have a problem. Of course I hunt, I was born on opening day! :cool:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Welcome to the forum from another XD45 owner!!!:cool:

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Welcome from Indiana!

·
Premium Member
7,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, this is an active forum, I see a LOT of people are still online. :grin:

·
Premium Member
127,764 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Welcome from Texas and a soon-to-be 45c owner.

·
Premium Member
3,471 Posts
XD45C-that configuration is hard to beat.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Welcome from Idaho

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts