Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I came across the site looking for info on 24/7's which I intended to buy but went to a shop in pa and found a great deal on a xd 40 service. I had to transfer it so I should have it in a couple of days. Has anyone seen a 40 with a thumb safety?

Does anybody on here live in the oh-pa-wv area that shoots in the uspsa? I would be interested to start sport shooting.

I will post pics when I get it.

thanks.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Welcome from MI

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
WELCOME from Huntington WV

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Welcome to the forum! As far as thumb safeties, until I got my XD40 Service, all my autos had a thumb safety. It took me a while to get use to the fact that the XD safties really work. Since I carry all the time and one in the pipe, I was a little nervous. Only after watching the "XD Torture test" was I relieved that there is no chance of an accidental discharge. The XD40, IMO, is truely a great weapon (for me).

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Out West. Only the XD45 Service can be purchased with the thumb safety. I conceal carried a XD45 Service that did not have the thumb safety for a year and now carry a XD45 Compact Tactical and the passive safeties are fine.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Welcome from Indiana!

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Welcome from CT.

·
Premium Member
127,076 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.