Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
I have a few springfields. Let's leave it at that.
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. New to the forum, not so new to guns or springfield. Wa state starts its new 10 round magazine BS the beginning of next month. So I went and bought a few items beforehand. One of them being the XDM 9mm elite. I carry an XD mod2 .45 3.3 daily for the last 6 or so years, I love the gun. It's never once failed whatsoever. I carry concealed, typically OWB occasionally IWB if I have to. But I leave that one stock. The new xdm is going to get a venom optic and a can. I got my mounting plate in the mail a couple days ago. I joined the forum to learn more about the gun. I don't generally discuss what I own, I have a healthy distrust of the government (I'm sure I'm not alone) I haven't shot it yet, but this weekend I will be going to go play with it. I've owned an xds also in a .45, I planned on using that for CC but it was very unreliable. It liked to jam while feeding and after trying different brands of ammo, polishing the ramp, etc I found that it only liked FMJ ammo. Obviously I can't use it for defense with FMJ, so I sold it. But aside from that one I love the springfields that I have.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the dry side of the state. :) Actually I thought that mag BS went into effect July 1, if not I need to get busy. Anyway wish I would have grabbed one of those XD m2’s when they were more readily available but did pick up the XDM elite so that’s close.:D I too have had excellent performance from the ones I have.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum from the dry side of the state. :) Actually I thought that mag BS went into effect July 1, if not I need to get busy. Anyway wish I would have grabbed one of those XD m2’s when they were more readily available but did pick up the XDM elite so that’s close.:D I too have had excellent performance from the ones I have.
Looks like you're right. July 1st. They should have made it July 4th just to drive the knife in deeper. I've been at the gun counter many times and have never met a criminal there buying a gun...... that's why I'm moving to south Dakota. I've lived here my entire adult life, but I'm done with the place now. You would have enjoyed the mod2. It's a fantastic gun

·
Registered
231 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I used to live in the wetter half of WA when it was worse at competing with CA (though certainly working on it), but now live in a swing state (that has been working on it with bump-stock bans and ghost gun bills).

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Looks like you're right. July 1st. They should have made it July 4th just to drive the knife in deeper. I've been at the gun counter many times and have never met a criminal there buying a gun...... that's why I'm moving to south Dakota. I've lived here my entire adult life, but I'm done with the place now. You would have enjoyed the mod2. It's a fantastic gun
That seems to be a beginning problem around here. All of the leftist and elitist from Cali and the left coast have screwed up their back yards and are now creeping up and over to ours. Like a cancer. If they only had a brain and would change their thinking that would be different, but they just keep gobbling up properties and destroying areas for the rest of the people. Pretty soon there’ll be nowhere else to go.

·
Registered
231 Posts
That seems to be a beginning problem around here. All of the leftist and elitist from Cali and the left coast have screwed up their back yards and are now creeping up and over to ours. Like a cancer. If they only had a brain and would change their thinking that would be different, but they just keep gobbling up properties and destroying areas for the rest of the people. Pretty soon there’ll be nowhere else to go.
It's very sad, but true and it's happening in a lot of areas on the West Coast and the Mountain West. Parts of Colorado, Arizona, and Nevada are exemplars of this. The place I grew up was originally this little ranching community and now it's becoming little Los Angeles. People from California are retiring and cashing in the homes they bought for a quarter million for over a million or two and they're pricing out the locals. It gets to a point where you got to choose to stay or leave, but if you leave in a way you're doing the same to someone else's community-- maybe just more agreeably due to being more like-minded.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's very sad, but true and it's happening in a lot of areas on the West Coast and the Mountain West. Parts of Colorado, Arizona, and Nevada are exemplars of this. The place I grew up was originally this little ranching community and now it's becoming little Los Angeles. People from California are retiring and cashing in the homes they bought for a quarter million for over a million or two and they're pricing out the locals. It gets to a point where you got to choose to stay or leave, but if you leave in a way you're doing the same to someone else's community-- maybe just more agreeably due to being more like-minded.
I think I'd be doing this state a favor by leaving. And helping the state I move to. My vote means more in South Dakota than it does here for sure. I can't compete with the California folks and the money they have, and I don't earn enough money to overbid someone in SD to buy a house out from under them either. Lol
I make less than 80k a year so I can't afford to buy a house here in today's market. Our plan is to haul the 5th wheel out to SD and find some property to move onto. Maybe save some money and pull a manufactured home onto it in a couple years.
All I know is that my freedom is being eroded bit by bit here and it's just going to get worse. The things that I like are under attack. Guns and internal combustion. When they switch to electric cars in 2030 in this state I'll be out of a job. I just can't stay here any longer. It really blows, but that's the situation. This is a beautiful state. I love the trees, the ocean, the mountains, and I wish things were backwards. People moving here and running out the libs. But I get what you mean. Everyone here is fleeing to Idaho and driving housing prices through the roof and displacing the local population. What are they supposed to do? Those answers are above my pay grade... I'm trying really hard to not say anything political so I'm gonna call it good now. 🤣 November can't come soon enough!

·
Registered
231 Posts
I think I'd be doing this state a favor by leaving. And helping the state I move to. My vote means more in South Dakota than it does here for sure. I can't compete with the California folks and the money they have, and I don't earn enough money to overbid someone in SD to buy a house out from under them either. Lol
I make less than 80k a year so I can't afford to buy a house here in today's market. Our plan is to haul the 5th wheel out to SD and find some property to move onto. Maybe save some money and pull a manufactured home onto it in a couple years.
All I know is that my freedom is being eroded bit by bit here and it's just going to get worse. The things that I like are under attack. Guns and internal combustion. When they switch to electric cars in 2030 in this state I'll be out of a job. I just can't stay here any longer. It really blows, but that's the situation. This is a beautiful state. I love the trees, the ocean, the mountains, and I wish things were backwards. People moving here and running out the libs. But I get what you mean. Everyone here is fleeing to Idaho and driving housing prices through the roof and displacing the local population. What are they supposed to do? Those answers are above my pay grade... I'm trying really hard to not say anything political so I'm gonna call it good now. 🤣 November can't come soon enough!
Hey, I didn't say that choosing to move was the wrong thing to do (especially if you're willing to live more like a local which it sounds like you are) and it sounds like it really is the right thing to do in your case! I just wanted to point out something that someone I deeply trust pointed out to me the last-time I wondered aloud if the pasture is greener somewhere else haha. I wish you luck on your move.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey, I didn't say that choosing to move was the wrong thing to do (especially if you're willing to live more like a local which it sounds like you are) and it sounds like it really is the right thing to do in your case! I just wanted to point out something that someone I deeply trust pointed out to me the last-time I wondered aloud if the pasture is greener somewhere else haha. I wish you luck on your move.
No worries at all. I took no offense to your comments. Yes I'm more than happy to blend in to my surroundings. It's all I want to do. It's not really possible here anymore and gets harder as time goes by. We took a vacation there back in August and it was night and day. Clean streets, courteous drivers, etc. I did a job interview and have a job when I get there... I haven't ruled out Montana or Wyoming either, but I really liked South Dakota

·
Registered
870 Posts
I'm a resident of Washington state. I'm not going anywhere. I love it here. I will carry whatever my firearms came with. As far as the 10 round bs, it only applies to new purchases. You can still carry whatever you please. So if you live close to Idaho, enough said.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm a resident of Washington state. I'm not going anywhere. I love it here. I will carry whatever my firearms came with. As far as the 10 round bs, it only applies to new purchases. You can still carry whatever you please. So if you live close to Idaho, enough said.
The capacity law is a foot in the door. Being caught with a magazine that holds over 10 will be a misdemeanor after the law starts. (Up to 364 days in jail and up to a $5,000 dollar fine.) Feel free to google it and make sure you read the entire article. It's buried close to the bottom

The law is to combat "gun violence " as if a criminal follows the law. All it does is handicap the average citizen.
You have to be 21 to buy cigarettes, tobacco, a pistol or a semi automatic rifle including a .22 king county charges a tax to buy guns, a tax on every bullet you buy. There's a tax on soda they call it "sin tax" and it keeps on getting worse. It's up to you whether you stay or not.
I for one enjoy my freedom and am moving somewhere where I'm left to enjoy that freedom. This is just the beginning. Where do you draw the line? When they come take your firearms? If the governor gets his way that's exactly what will happen.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh don't get me wrong. I'm keeping mine. There's a lot of conflicting information saying that it's a misdemeanor to get caught with a "high capacity" magazine, or that it's a misdemeanor to buy sell or trade one. The insane law is so that a person committing a mass shooting will have to stop and reload. As if someone is gonna follow the gun laws. Either way, I'm done with this state. I'll miss the beauty of the place, but I won't miss having someone trampling on my rights with idiotic laws. I also watch William kirk. He needs to go to rumble and leave screwtube. He's one of the only people I watch there anymore.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The magazine law is all about purchase once you read the whole thing. There we’re so many ridiculous add ins written but in the end they were taken off. You can still possess and carry them.
Washington is turning to **** fast. I’ll hold out to retirement then find somewhere new.
Th Mod 2 45 3.3 is an awesome gun. I’ve had several and just picked up the Elite 45.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The magazine law is all about purchase once you read the whole thing. There we’re so many ridiculous add ins written but in the end they were taken off. You can still possess and carry them.
Washington is turning to **** fast. I’ll hold out to retirement then find somewhere new.
Th Mod 2 45 3.3 is an awesome gun. I’ve had several and just picked up the Elite 45.
Nice!! I just got the elite 9mm

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I want a 10mm almost bought a kimber camp guard in 10mm I held it, loved it, they wanted 1100 for it. But I ended up with the elite. I wanted something I could drop an optic on and the threaded barrel. I've never owned a 10mm but it's on my list

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Thanks for the vid Lou. One thing I wonder about is if you go out of state and return how do you prove the mags you have were owned before you left. Have to carry a box of receipts with you?
I also have the elite 10 & 45 so far like ‘em allot.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts