Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased an XD-S Mod 2 OSP in 9mm. Hopefully I can learn much here, although not new to shooting.

I’m retired LEO, cut my teeth on revolvers beginning in the 70’s, and still shoot them often. BUT……
now in my 70’s, I cannot see the sights very well anymore. Thus the XD-S OSP! My first ever red dot. Had it out last week for a 200-rd break in session. Once I got the dot adjusted and co-witnessed to the irons, I was hitting clay pigeons at 30 yards! Should have done this years ago.

Anyway, glad to be here and hoping to learn all I can about red dots and more. I have been casting and reloading for 50 years so feel free to ask. I’ll offer whatever advice I can.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Welcome from Northern Nevada and to the XD community.

Pistol red dots used to be somewhat niche, but they've certainly caught on now days (I used to dismiss the idea myself but have since realized that I was wrong to do so).

Reactions: Diocoles

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Welcome from the Right side of Wa state. I think the big push of red dots is that they have improved them so much over the years. Smaller, much better battery life, better optics and brighter more clear LED’s. I put one on a Ruger 22 MKIV and groups shrunk better than half at more distance so that made me a believer. For several years I have had one on my 44 for hunting and it’s also proven it’s worth.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome. Shot another 100 rds this week. I’m hitting the steel much more often now! I’m a believer in red dots…….

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. Shot another 100 rds this week. I’m hitting the steel much more often now! I’m a believer in red dots…….
There’s a drill where you block the front of the window on the dot and then shoot with both eyes open, one on the dot the other on the target. It’s supposed to teach you to not look at the dot, just superimpose it on the target. If your half blind like me, it doesn’t work though. :D

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Hi!

Just purchased an XD-S Mod 2 OSP in 9mm. Hopefully I can learn much here, although not new to shooting.

I’m retired LEO, cut my teeth on revolvers beginning in the 70’s, and still shoot them often. BUT……
now in my 70’s, I cannot see the sights very well anymore. Thus the XD-S OSP! My first ever red dot. Had it out last week for a 200-rd break in session. Once I got the dot adjusted and co-witnessed to the irons, I was hitting clay pigeons at 30 yards! Should have done this years ago.

Anyway, glad to be here and hoping to learn all I can about red dots and more. I have been casting and reloading for 50 years so feel free to ask. I’ll offer whatever advice I can.
Welcome and thank you for your service. If my eyes get any worse I may also have to invest in a red dot. This old noob will be 65 in a few months. Carry on, be safe, have fun. 😉😉

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts