Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am waiting for the FBI to let me get the XDM-9 from Cabelas. something about a 3 day waiting period but in the mean time, I have been trying to research as much as possible about this gun. This forum seems to be very informative and helpful. I even found out that I would be eligible for 2 free magazines and a magazine holster from reading these forums.

The cost for the xdm-9 from Cabelas is: $599-$100cc signup-$20 coupon=~$479 +tax

I am getting the all black version. Anyone else here live near topeka?

again, hello and thanks for the great forums!

paidin

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Welcome to the forums paidin!!

I'm gonna be moving back to KS(Wichita area) mid year 2009...

Congrats on the new XDm

Josh

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum from East Texas.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Welcome, and congrats, that's a great deal :grin:

·
Premium Member
127,778 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hello from Lawrece KS! I have the XD Compact in .45ACP...you will love it. Good shooter & great carry gun.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone! I have to wait till dec 31st before I can get the gun :\ 3 days waiting period sure is a long time... 12/24-12/31= 3 days

·
Registered
212 Posts
How come you have to wait for 3 days? Is that a Topeka law? You should be able to pay for it, do the backround check & take it home.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well, I was at cabelas and everyone was buying guns. It shoulda been a 5 minute deal but they came back and told me the fbi said it would take 3 days. I tried calling the background check place yesterday and they told me there was nothing they could do or even tell me if there was because of privacy acts... I dont understand how they cant tell me things about me TO me. Anyways, I have resigned to just wait and research as much as possible.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Look on the bright side...if guns are sellig so swiftly & in such volume that it backs up the FBI for 3 days, that is a sign the economy is turning around! Or maybe there is a lot of Christmas money to spend!

Regardless, you will love your XD.

·
Premium Member
3,194 Posts
Hello and welcome from Wisconsin

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Look on the bright side...if guns are sellig so swiftly & in such volume that it backs up the FBI for 3 days, that is a sign the economy is turning around! Or maybe there is a lot of Christmas money to spend!

Regardless, you will love your XD.
sadly, I was the only one that had to wait 3 days :( Even the middle eastern guy next to me who had never bought a gun before and was asking me for gun buying advice (even more of a noob than me!) got his clearance in 5 minutes like everyone else.

I cant wait to get mine! :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
No problem in this part of Kansas. I think that if something shows up on the backround check the Feds have three days to say yes or no to the purchase. I also think that if the dealer doesn't hear from them in that time frame, they have to go through with the deal.

I have a friend with a very common name, and he has had to wait several times, but it always went through.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts