Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New XD owner and this place was a wealth of knowledge while researching the gun. Thanks for that guys.

I learned to shoot on a Sig P226 and had tried other striker fired pistols and hated them. Glocks, S&W sigmas, wealthers... Tried them all. I thought I was "ruined" from liking a striker fired gun until I shot my buddy's XD. Love it and with the extra mags and a FFL buddy that got me the gun for under 500, I was sold. I've owned the gun 2 weeks and already put 1k+ rounds through it and loved every shot.

Also getting into building purpose built ARs (thinking of a 458 socom for hog hunting) and thinking of getting into some 3-Gun shoots. Nothing that competitive but something that would push my skills.

Ryu

·
Premium Member
127,988 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Welcome aboard from Farmersville! :p

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Georgia

·
Banned
20,993 Posts
Welcome to the forum, from Florida!

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
Welcome post pics of hog hunting I miss that about Texas.

Safety is a momentary choice. Prior performance and certification are completely irrelevant.

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
WElcome from Central Florida.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Welcome from Florida. 1k rounds in two weeks? Damm!

I'm originally from North Texas too. Not too far from Lubbock.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will once i get the rifle built. I have a family friend with a farm that has a hog problem so i will have plenty of opportunity but right now my AR is no where near powerful enough and my shotgun requires me to be to close. Those are so mean animals when pissed.

Welcome post pics of hog hunting I miss that about Texas.

Safety is a momentary choice. Prior performance and certification are completely irrelevant.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome from Florida. 1k rounds in two weeks? Damm!

I'm originally from North Texas too. Not too far from Lubbock.
I've been stock piling FMJ 9mm when i could get it for a couple years but could never seem to pull the trigger (pun intended :D) on buying a pistol. So i went a little crazy once i finally bought the XD.

And i have a couple buddies in Lubbock so i spend time there a couple times a year. I'm in Amarillo.

Ryu

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Welcome from New Jersey

·
Premium Member
27,915 Posts
Welcome from Florida!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the north side of Dallas!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts