Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All...

New XDm .40 owner here from Surprise AZ. I liked this gun so much, I bought my son the 9mm XDm the next week. We both go out shooting together as often as we can...

Looks like a great forum and I'll be reading a lot.

Jim

·
Premium Member
7,343 Posts
Nice move. My son is 13 and I take him and two other neighborhood kids to the range with me (with Parental support of course).

I preach to them the entire way about being a good citizen, excelling in school, and listening to their parents. They are great kids...a little on the lazy side (my own included)...lol...but good kids.

I was shocked at how many questions they have. The War, Politics, the Economy, etc etc. I don't sway them one way or the other...I have them form their own opinions and then encourage them to read vice watch MTV etc.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Welcome from Indiana!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Welcome from Dallas, and if you need to adopt another son...

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota!

·
Premium Member
127,778 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Jim.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Welcome and happy shooting from Chicago burbs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the welcome y'all...

Surprise is all around the Sun City and I'm to the north of Sun City West. Pretty much out in the desert area with 5 acres.

No, don't need another son; I lucked out with this one turning out good - it was questionable for a bit.

Chicago burbs... I came from that area. Mokena by Joliet. Been a long time...

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Hi JimBobWay! I did the same thing you did, except backwards! I started out with the XDM 9mm on a Monday, and loved it so much, I bought the XDM 40 S&W that Saturday! What a pair, huh?? I love shooting them, but it does get expensive. Then I started looking at 22s, mainly because the ammo is so cheap, but fell in love (for the 3rd time in less than 2 wks) with the Ruger MKIII 22 LR, the 5.5 " bbl, not the 6-7/8". I started out with 2 mags for the 22, now I have 6. That bonus is all gone now, but what fun!

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum from CT.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts