Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I joined earlier this week but wanted to wait before I got my gun to do this as I wanted pics. But about me first. I am an E-5 in the USCG. Iam an electrician currently stationed in Key West. But will be stationed in Miami beginning of June. This is my first personal gun. Have shot others before though. M-16, Remington 870, Beretta 9mm, and the Sig P-229. This will be a Personal defense weapon. Waiting for my CCW to come in. Been just over 2 weeks since applied so hopefully soon.

XD40

Got some HST 155gr and 180gr coming too. Was going to change to both boxes 180gr but order was in shipping before I could change it. No biggy though. Hopefully I like the 180 as its one of the ones recommended. Gonna pick up some range ammo as well from Walli World when I am in Miami next week. Then off to the range to make sure I like the HST and it fires well through my gun. Then probably shoot off another 100 rds. Figure with me moving might as well get a good shoot in since I will be to busy for awhile.

·
Registered
22,574 Posts
Welcome to the fourm from Louisiana.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum...:)

·
Premium Member
127,399 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum from Colorado

·
Premium Member
22,397 Posts
hello to ya

·
Registered
342 Posts
Welcome from Washington!

·
Super Moderator
46,392 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Welcome from Wonderful Wyoming.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Welcome from Iowa

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Welcome from Nor-Cal!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the welcome! Finding alot of good info so far. Also getting some laughs in too! Looking to get to the range on the 21st.Busy moving so tough to find time. Plus I need ammo and plan to get some when I swing by walmart on my way up to Broward from the Keys.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well got the ammo I hope to keep as my personal protection ammo! I got 50 rds each of Federal HST-JHP 180gr and some Hydroshock tactical 155gr. I figured I would try them both out. I want to make sure my gun fires the ammo well before i keep it for BG ammo. Im sure they both shoot great but hoping the 180gr is better as its on the list of best defense ammo. Then when i get to walmart at least 100 range stuff!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts