Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About me, I'm U of Washington grad and an Air Force veteran. My interests include shooting, hunting, fishing and reloading. In spring and summer I'm a high school and college baseball umpire. I'm also a private pilot but I haven't flown in a while because it's gotten so expensive.

I own several handguns, some for shooting fun and a couple for concealed carry. I have been carrying a Kahr PM9 in a De Santis super fly pocket holster and I love that little gun. However crime and violence is increasing in Seattle.

We just had a local Icon, a street musician, beaten to death by 5 or 6 gang bangers for his quarters. There seems to be a gang shooting every night. Seattle use to be very safe but the Liberals took over and, as always, gang crime is way up. I frequently have to work downtown between midnight and 4am so I decided my little 5 shot 9mm would no longer cut it. The obvious solution was a .45 ACP.

I went to a local gun shop looked at many .45s and found an XD .45 ACP Compact. It was love at first sight and I bought it on the spot. I did not want to carry a big frame and the Compact is perfect for me.

I did an Internet search to check for a good holster and this forum popped up. I wound up ordering from a site sponsor, Crossbreed and I'm getting a Super Tuck.

Now I just hope I can find components to load ammo. That stuff is flying off the shelves in bulk. I'm going to a gun show on Sunday to try and load up.

I won't have time to get to the range until next weekend and I'll burn a couple of hundred factory loads and let everyone know how it goes.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
127,093 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Wildblue, Welcome from another local. Though actually about 15 mi SE of the Emerald city. Completely agree on the street crime in Seattle now. Pretty much downhill since the Mardi Gras incident a few years back. Everyone seems to realize this but Greg Nickels. 'Tuba Man', as I believe he was called, was pretty much defenseless.

I struggle with my XD9SC because of its thickness, but have heard a lot about the Supertuck. Please post your thoughts after you receive it.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Welcome from Indiana!

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Welcome to the forum from CO!!

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum from CT.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you for your service! I grew up in Renton, WA, and previously lived in Olympia, Kent, Bremerton and Puyallup - before transferring from Fort Lewis to Fort Rucker!

Welcome!

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Welcome from Whidbey Island.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota!

·
Premium Member
618 Posts