Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The message kept prompting that I needed to introduce myself as a new member... so Howdy from a transplanted Texan in Raleigh, NC.

I joined the forum in anticipation of the purchase of an XD Tactical or XDM in 9mm. I shoot non-competitive bullseye indoors and have the itch for a DAO striker fired to add to the stable.

So far, I have a S&W 952-2, Model 41 and K38 Model 14-4 revolver, Springfield 1911 Loaded and Beretta 92FS and PX4 9mm.

I've gotten pretty spoiled with the great triggers on the the Smith's and the Springer that I had reworked with a Cylinder & Slide action.

I started looking at a Glock 34, but have now become enamored with the XD... and now the XDM. I plan to order my next gun this week.

My current indecisiveness is between the XD 5" tactical with added target sights and a trigger job or an XDM out of the box. From what I've read, I'm still a little confused on the effectiveness of the triggers and sights between the two.

Any comments or thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Welcome from Fayetteville.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Congrats on your first post. Welcome from Minnesota.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Welcome neighbor, ;) you didnt pick one up at the show this weekend? Prices werent the best but they had a few. There are a couple of local shops that may have what you want.

I'd say the tactical and modify it as you want.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Welcome from Indiana!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Welcome from Charlotte, formerly from Raleigh.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum from CT.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts