Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! You can guess from my User name that I'm involved in some sort of financial activity. Before you start thinking I'm made of money, I'll stop that right here. I work for an armored car company. ;)

I'm a long time lurker but I decided to join because I've seen a lot of intelligent conversations on here and you all seem to be a good bunch.

The reason I started lurking here in the first place is that I bought an xd-45 service pistol when I started working for the company about a year and a half ago. As far as the pistol goes I love it! I've only had one failure in over 700 rounds and I believe it was because I severely limp wristed it that one time.

Since I have owned it I have upgraded it with a lasermax guide rod laser, which I love. It does tend to shut down after about 80 rounds but its gotta be due to heat and the effect on the batteries, because when it cools down it works great again.

That being said, I shoot with the laser off during practice. expect the worst prepare for the worst and if it doesnt come I'm that much better off.

Im happy to join your community, not saying Ill post much, but I will continue to enjoy all of your posts.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Welcome to the forum, at least for the signing up part. ;)

Good to see another Missouri resident on the board! :p

·
Premium Member
127,076 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
Welcome, for another Missourian. Glad to have you here...

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Welcome..... glad to see more people from Missouri !

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome to the forum! Are you allowed to use a laser on duty??
Thank you all for such a warm welcome! I really appreciate it. I don't generally join many forums, I think I've only got membership in 6 or 7 and only one other gun related site. So, thank you.

RogueXD, yes I can use whatever firearms accessories I deem appropriate to carry out my job. The company is very liberal along those lines. Really the only thing they mandate is we must carry hollowpoint rounds to help prevent the bullet from exiting the BG at a high enough velocity to harm an innocent bystander.

Thats fine with me though since thats all I would carry anyway.

Incidentally, I finally recieved my concealed carry permit today :D now I can carry on and off the job without worrying the sheeple I mean the common man. ;-)

Nice to meet all of ya!

oh duh! just wanted to let you Missourians know, Im in SW Missouri myself. later!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes Welcome !!,..just now joined myself. I'm from Stockton Lake SW Mo,..Hello everyone, glad to meet you-all!!,..JT.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota!