Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, just surfed in. With this weather were having, it's more like I just slid in. I figured I'd jump in here and say hello. I'm trying hard to decide what CC pistol to purchase (XD Sub-Compact .40 or Glock 27). I figure I might find some reviews and owner feedback in these forums. I am an experianced shooter, both pistol and rifle. This looks like a very informative website.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota! Get them in your hand and see what feels best. Thats what I did and I choose the 9mm service. Love the gun, it conceals very well and is an outstanding weapon.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Welcome from Iowa.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Welcome from Indiana! I'm really happy with my XD45 Compact but I'm partial to .45's. Make sure if feels good and you shoot everything you can before you make your decision. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm new here too and new to guns in general (just posted my Hello in this section earlier today). I shot a bunch of guns at the range recently so I could direct compare the feel of each one. So I shot the XD for example head to head with Glocks and the XD felt superior in MY hand (your experience may differ). Try 'em all if you can . . .

·
Registered
168 Posts
Another Michigander! Howdy doody, from exile in Wisconsin, though I've been here long enough it's starting to feel comfortable. Then I remind myself that Michigan has CCW and just approved medical marijuana. Makes Cheeseland seem rather restrictive to my Libertarian streak.

·
Premium Member
127,757 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum from CT.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Hi Paragrunt, and welcome from Tennessee! You might think about the safety features engineered into the design of the XDs - there have been some threads on this site about the safety of Glocks -- search for this thread:

Comparing XD's and Glock's trigger safeties

Anyway, good luck!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts