Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, just surfed in. With this weather were having, it's more like I just slid in. I figured I'd jump in here and say hello. I'm trying hard to decide what CC pistol to purchase (XD Sub-Compact .40 or Glock 27). I figure I might find some reviews and owner feedback in these forums. I am an experianced shooter, both pistol and rifle. This looks like a very informative website.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota! Get them in your hand and see what feels best. Thats what I did and I choose the 9mm service. Love the gun, it conceals very well and is an outstanding weapon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm new here too and new to guns in general (just posted my Hello in this section earlier today). I shot a bunch of guns at the range recently so I could direct compare the feel of each one. So I shot the XD for example head to head with Glocks and the XD felt superior in MY hand (your experience may differ). Try 'em all if you can . . .

·
Registered
168 Posts
Another Michigander! Howdy doody, from exile in Wisconsin, though I've been here long enough it's starting to feel comfortable. Then I remind myself that Michigan has CCW and just approved medical marijuana. Makes Cheeseland seem rather restrictive to my Libertarian streak.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Hi Paragrunt, and welcome from Tennessee! You might think about the safety features engineered into the design of the XDs - there have been some threads on this site about the safety of Glocks -- search for this thread:

Comparing XD's and Glock's trigger safeties

Anyway, good luck!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.