Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I've been looking at getting into the gun hobby for a while now when a good friend of mine, Jorsher, told me about this community all about the gun nut loving and Springfield fanatics.

A little about me. I first started shooting a BB gun when I was just a toddler. Both of my parents were military at the time and thought it was important to indoctrinate me on gun safety at a young age. As I became older I went from a BB gun to various rifles with live ammunition. As they were doing this they thought me that guns don't kill people - people kill people. Now here I am, it's seems like it's been ages since I last felt the power of a bullet discharging from a gun. I figured it's time I start doing some shopping to get my first hand gun seeing as I've never fired hand guns before. That was sometime Jorsher mentioned Springfield Armory. Once I looked at their work I was amazed at how this renown company such as SA takes gun safety seriously. I new that if any gun was out there for me these were it.

Now I'm seriously looking into buying here in Huntsville Alabama. I've found a few dealers and got to hold and operate a few empty Springfield models ranging from the sub-compact, compact, to the 5" tactical. I have to say all these guns felt very good in my hands. Now I find that SA have released a new hand gun, the XD(M). This gun looks absolutely amazing! I didn't get to hold on however...

Now my mind is exploding with what gun I should get first. I'm heavily leaning on the bi-tone 9mm sub-compact because of it's size. Seeing as I'm a complete noob to hand guns I figured it'd be best if I started off small and easy and work my way up.

If anyone has any suggestions on a good starter gun let me know. Guidance is greatly needed.

I've been reading around here and there is a lot of great information I couldn't find anywhere else BUT here. Great site, Great community. I'm glad to be apart of XDTalk and look forward to posting with you.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Welcome from Indiana!

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
I like the 9mm service. Its cheap to shoot and a good all around gun. The service can still be carried IWB very well. Welcome from Minnesota.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts