Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just purchased my first gun ever, XD9 from a gun show. I have gone to 2 gun shops so far looking for knowledge and some items. I have to admit that instead of feeling welcomed in the gun community they made me feel more like i was a burden. Not what I was expecting at all. There is more camaraderie in forums than my community, that is sad.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase from Georgia. Lots of knowledgeable folks here willing to share information and experience. Unfortunately the gun shops probably just wanted to sell you stuff and you already bought the gun. You can search this forum and find lots of information - if you can't find what you're looking for just ask in a post and you'll get some answers! Since this is your first gun, have you taken any gun safety classes?

·
Premium Member
128,000 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Welcome from Central Florida.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
HEY, I say that emphatically because I just visited your great state not even two weeks ago (Raleigh and Rocky Mount), that said, welcome from Maine my fellow gun owner...this site is a valuable tool for us all.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
PS-keep looking for a good local gun shop, they do exist...you want one that knows your name and offers you a cup of coffee and a discount now and then to show their appreciation.

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Hello from Farmersville! Majority of gun shop employees, tools. ;)

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Welcome from New Jersey

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Hello from Illinois!

·
Premium Member
27,915 Posts
Welcome from Florida!