Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my first semi (SA XD45) last weekend at a gun show. Hope to shoot it tomorrow if no rain. What is the best way to clean it? Brushes? Boresnake? Also, the SA manual says it is a "6 o'clock" sighting verses "Point of Aim" sighting. Is that correct?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Bought my first semi (SA XD45) last weekend at a gun show. Hope to shoot it tomorrow if no rain. What is the best way to clean it? Brushes? Boresnake? Also, the SA manual says it is a "6 o'clock" sighting verses "Point of Aim" sighting. Is that correct?
I am a newb to this forum as well! I only use CLP Breakfree on all my guns! I usually will soak it overnight after a good scrub down the barrel with a brush then reassemble and wipe it down and its GTG! And yes the manual is correct!

T;)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Again, welcome from another newbie to the XD45 club. I also suggest Break Free, a fine cleaner and lubricant in one. Like a previous poster, let it sit wet for a while, and then wipe down with a lint free cloth, use the brush included with your kit (if you bought a new XD that is) and you're all set!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts