Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have frequented these boards for many years and have found a lot useful information. Seeing as I just purchased my first handgun, XDm .45 Black, I found it fitting that I should join the community! Proud to own an XD/M

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! I have a question. Does anyone know how i would change my username? It seems rather bland... lol Also, My XDm has yet to be deflowered, i'm taking her to the range on saturday. Is there anything i should do before i have a range session? She sits exactly as a brand new gun would come, no cleaning/oiling etc.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Thanks! I have a question. Does anyone know how i would change my username? It seems rather bland... lol Also, My XDm has yet to be deflowered, i'm taking her to the range on saturday. Is there anything i should do before i have a range session? She sits exactly as a brand new gun would come, no cleaning/oiling etc.
First off... Congrats on your purchase and welcome to XDTalk!

Im not sure if you can still change your username after you register it.

Your brand new gun will have some lube/ oil on it from the factory. I remember mine was really oily to touch on the slide due to surface grease. They apply a generous amount for corrosion protection. You can always do a quick field strip of the weapon and remove any excess lube/ oil from it.

·
Premium Member
24,702 Posts
hello there

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the info. I guess just wait until after the range and give a thorough cleaning after.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks for the info. I guess just wait until after the range and give a thorough cleaning after.
Welcome from Minnesota! I'm a newbie myself - just bought my XDm 9mm a couple of months ago - so I'm only passing on information I learned from this site and a few others I go to. I was advised to break it down and clean it before taking it out the first time, so I did and I was amazed at how dirty it was right out of the box. I will also say that being that this is my first gun, breaking it down and cleaning it also gave me a lot more confidence in handling my gun, which I think helped me be more comfortable with it when I went out shooting the first time. Either way you'll have a great time when you go out this weekend! I'm heading to the range today after work and the day is already dragging!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Northern Gal said:
Welcome from Minnesota! I'm a newbie myself - just bought my XDm 9mm a couple of months ago - so I'm only passing on information I learned from this site and a few others I go to. I was advised to break it down and clean it before taking it out the first time, so I did and I was amazed at how dirty it was right out of the box. I will also say that being that this is my first gun, breaking it down and cleaning it also gave me a lot more confidence in handling my gun, which I think helped me be more comfortable with it when I went out shooting the first time. Either way you'll have a great time when you go out this weekend! I'm heading to the range today after work and the day is already dragging!
Thanks northern Gal! How are you liking the 9mm? I've shot several XD .45s and both XDm 40 and 9, but never the XDm 45. So I'm excited to try out my new toy

1 - 20 of 40 Posts