Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! Well, I just purchased my first XD last week -- an XD-9 service pistol. It's my first handgun and I'm very excited. I'm ex-military and am quite good with a rifle (have been since I was a kid), but have never done much with handguns. I'm open to any pointers anyone has.

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Hi & welcome!

Just read everything you can on your pistol (this is a good source at XDTalk) and practice as much as possible. Enjoy!

Just so there is no mistaken identity here, are you male or female? (your username sort of says female to me)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just so there is no mistaken identity here, are you male or female? (your username sort of says female to me)
You can call me m'am. ;) Yeah, can't wait to get out and practice with it. I didn't get my concealed license before I purchased my XD-9, so I can't pick it up until next Friday, but I know from my time in the military that practice is what makes it second nature when it counts.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Welcome to the forum from P.G. County, MD! You will have a good time navigating the site, and there are a lot of helpful and knowledgeable people. I'm a NOOB too XDM 40:D. Enjoy!!

·
Premium Member
128,168 Posts
Welcome to the forum from one veteran to another.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I retired in 1992 but all my MOS's begin with a "11", grunt, ground pounder, mud foot anything with a rifle, a ruck and nasty terrain!:)

·
Premium Member
3,194 Posts
Hello and welcome from the Milwaukee, Wisconsin area.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Welcome, welcome from an older 11B and 91A here. The forum is a great source of info and like-minded people.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Welcome from Oregon.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the tips and the warm welcome! Man, there's a TON of information on this site! For all you military types, 91Q (pharmacy) -- Cold War era -- here. Yeah, I know, not too exciting, but I was married to an ex-SF guy for about 8 years.

Well so far, from the information I've found on this site, I've picked out my ammo (Gold Dot 124gr.) and found some good holster prospects. Now if Friday will just get here so I can take possesion of my new XD-9 . . .

1 - 20 of 24 Posts