Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah i been lurking around for the past month now, and 2 weeks ago i finally bought my 1st handgun ever. Of course its a xd-9. so i just wanted to say hi. :)

·
Registered
6,551 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of the XD. Mine is my first ever handgun as well. You'll enjoy it. Have you been to the range with it yet? Post a range report and let us know how it goes!

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Welcome to forum. :)

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Welcome! and when in doubt, ask us! :shock:

Shoot safe, have fun.

·
Registered
201 Posts
geez, i wish my first handgun was a springfield, in fact, my first hand gun was this lovely piece of crap .32 lorcins that jammed like a mofo with these plaquess yellow dot sights, ugh

good job on gun choice

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my first time at the range was like 2 weeks ago, first time i have ever fired a firearm. Don't worry i had a friend there with me to make sure i was doing everything really safe. well i kind of suck at it. but im learning. here's the picture to prove it. any pointers on how to get better at it? oh yeah this was like at 10 to 15 yards not really sure.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Howdy... Texans are flocking to the board now. :wink:

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
Azn226 said:
my first time at the range was like 2 weeks ago, first time i have ever fired a firearm. Don't worry i had a friend there with me to make sure i was doing everything really safe. well i kind of suck at it. but im learning. here's the picture to prove it. any pointers on how to get better at it? oh yeah this was like at 10 to 15 yards not really sure.

Practice, practice, practice...

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
one-eyed-fatman said:
Practice, practice, practice...
+1

Most of the round hit the target... that's a start.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Azn226 said:
any pointers on how to get better at it? oh yeah this was like at 10 to 15 yards not really sure.

lol... we sound like salesmen come by this weekend, i can definately increase your accuracy. plus its a hole lot of fun.

·
Registered
725 Posts
http://americanshooter.com/Features/features.html
go over the lessons with letham

then make sure ur unloaded
and dry fire practice over and over
-get comfortable/stable in ur stance
-getting a nice good grip
-learning when the trigger breaks
-finally start going through box after box of wwb from walmart :)

its amazing how much ull improve

well the wife makes fun of me now cause i cover my left lense of my glasses with paper. and dry fire practice with multiple targets from the couch.. says im a dork :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts