Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there everyone!

I am a newbie to the XD and I just wanted to say hello!

I have a question and I have been searching the net and the forum for answers but I havent come across anything that will help me just yet.

I am trying to buy an XD from a friend of mine here in Texas and I was just wondering if anyone could help me out with the process of doing this... I have read lots of posts and websites and can not come up with a clear way to do this.

Any links, or advice will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Brandon

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I don't know the answer to your question but there are alot of TX members on here. Welcome though

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum from CT.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Welcome from Indiana! Go to a gun store and just transfer it from your name to his that should be all you have to do. Thats what I do here all the time,It only costs $10.00 and it's out your name legally.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks to all for the welcomes!

And indy- thank you for the advice. Is there any way to do it without having to go to a shop? Ive been told by someone you can just type up a document with the names and serial number on it. Has anyone heard of something like that before?

Thanks again!

-Brandon

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Just read a thread on Texas Gun Talk that said basically the same thing about the bill of sale. Lots of folks mentioned using a FFL to make the transfer. This link should take you to the thread: Questions on selling a handgun - Texas Gun Talk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that link helps a lot. Would anyone know who I could call tomorrow to confirm all of this information though? Which state department would be able to tell me exactly what to do?

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota!

·
Registered
862 Posts
Welcome from San Antonio!!

I sold to a guy in Houston and typed up a good CYOA letter/Bill of Sale. We did it face to face we both signed it I made a copy for his records and I got a copy for my records... all is well!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thank you everyone. Im very happy i found this forum through google... You guys are great!

Thanks for all the advice!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts