Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering why there is no Hellcat forum on here?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was actually wondering the same thing. I just picked up a Hellcat OSP and when I went to ask a question I didn't see a Hellcat specific forum so I posted it in the General forum.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If there was a real Hellcat forum, it would probably get used. As it is, they are getting posted all over the place. JMHO.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
22,052 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Speaking of the Hellcat, I have been thinking of buying one & using it as my EDC. Replacing my XD40SC. Thoughts?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Speaking of the Hellcat, I have been thinking of buying one & using it as my EDC. Replacing my XD40SC. Thoughts?
The Hellcat has become my EDC. IMO this is the best subcompact pistol made with the highest capacity. I have the SMSc red dot as well.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I'll second the other comment. I was edc'ing a XD9sc for years. I purchased a hellcat OSP, and continued to carry the XD9 as I got acquainted with the hellcat. I'm completely sold on the hellcat now.. Despite the same exact round capacity, with the added weight and size from a Romeo zero RDS, and streamlight TL6. It still weighs noticeably less than the XD9sc, and I've had to tighten my belt a notch too. My wife still prefers the xd9sc, because it shoots softer. But from my experience so far, it's noticeably more comfortable to carry around, is equal in firepower and accuracy. The electronics are legitimate force multipliers, and I recommend at least a RDS.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The Hellcat now holds my record for longest carried EDC. I have had some great pistols over the years, but was always looking for the next, "greatest thing." Small, light, high capacity, great sights and has never once malfunctioned. Can't see it being replaced by another micro.

·
Registered
265 Posts
So to all the hell cat carriers. How does it carry with open sights compared to optic?

To those who have handled both hk & sc how do follow up shoots compare?

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
So to all the hell cat carriers. How does it carry with open sights compared to optic?
I carried mine for months waiting for the adapter plate so I could mount the optic. After mounting the optic, the only difference I noticed is that the optic bangs into things sometimes. Carrying OWB in a Bravo Concealment holster. It's extremely comfortable to carry.

·
Registered
355 Posts

I shot mine for about a month with the factory irons. I've never shot u-dot sights before, but I immediately thought they were quicker to line up than 3 dots. Out the box, my irons were hitting 6 o"clock POA at defensive distances.

I shot it with the optic for another month, before I actually started to carry mine. The optic is a definite performance upgrade, especially doing moving drills, and getting back on target after reload drills. When I got the RDS adjusted to hit POI, the dot isn't visible at all when I switch to irons.

·
Registered
13 Posts

Before I received my SMSc optic, I carried it with the sights. I had no issues.

One of the ranges I go to does not have great lighting. I go here purposely just because of that. In any case, I could see the iron sights clearly even in the darker setting.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I want to use a red dot on my carry weapon so I just purchased a Sig P365XL and a Hellcat OSP. The red dot I will be using is a Holosun HS507K-X2. I plan on shooting the P365XL and Hellcat side by side to find out which one I like the best and the winner will replace my current primary carry weapon which is a P365.

I know the 507K mounts directly to P365XL but I read a post the other day in which the author said he had to use a C&H Precision Weapons adapter plate to mount a 507K (or RMRcc) to his Hellcat. Does anyone know if there are any other manufacturers making 507K adapter plates for the Hellcat or is the C&H the best option?

·
Registered
581 Posts
I want to use a red dot on my carry weapon so I just purchased a Sig P365XL and a Hellcat OSP. The red dot I will be using is a Holosun HS507K-X2. I plan on shooting the P365XL and Hellcat side by side to find out which one I like the best and the winner will replace my current primary carry weapon which is a P365.

I know the 507K mounts directly to P365XL but I read a post the other day in which the author said he had to use a C&H Precision Weapons adapter plate to mount a 507K (or RMRcc) to his Hellcat. Does anyone know if there are any other manufacturers making 507K adapter plates for the Hellcat or is the C&H the best option?
You could also modify the recoil lugs on the hellcat so that it'll accept the Holosun. IIRC the front lugs need to be shortened by roughly half and the rear lugs need to be removed. There are lots of videos showing how to do it and I've seen a number of smiths offering to make the modifications for $75-100.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I was in my LGS a few hours ago and they had a Hellcat in it. First time I ever held one. Not for me. I like my XDe and my Glock 43x much better. It just seems to small in my hand and I did not like trigger one bit. The mgr said that was pretty much the comments from many of the customers that buy the Glock 43x or the Sig 365 over the Hellcat.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts