Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Everyday carry Handgun holster Font Hunting knife Watch accessory
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Airsoft gun

As soon as I picked up my Hellcat last week, I ordered the CYA Supplies IWB holster and a Hogue grip. I wanted a minimalist holster and I'm liking this CWA. It's made in America, Veteran owned, Lifetime warranty, and they even sent along a little allen key for adjusting the retention.

My Hogue grip arrived yesterday and I got that installed. It works great except that when pulling the gun from the holster while I'm wearing it, the rubber grip sort of makes it more difficult to get my thumb down between my body an the gun. I can do it but there is more resistance with that rubber grip.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I don't think the holster is causing any issues here...

Do you carry wearing your normal pants size or a size up? If you currently wear your normal pants size, you could try a size up or half size up to see if that gives you a little extra room (belt should be a size up as well).

Otherwise, you could put something between the holster and your body to give you an extra 1/8" or 3/16".

Also, sweet holster, may I ask how they cost?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The holster was $37 and change. The shipping was free. I'm real pleased with it.
Thanks for the tips. But the problem is not the holster. It's the rubber grip that I added. I like the rubber better than the grip area without it. And I didn't have a problem until I added the grip. The rubber grip is a bit tacky so it just makes it a little more difficult to slide my thumb down there. I have not shot the gun yet with the Hogue on it. I expect that I'll like it as I have rubber grips added to other pistols. But if it makes drawing the gun too awkward then I'll remove it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I might have to pick one up. Looks like a good holster (regardless of price) at a great price to boot!

My assumption was that your body was pushing your thumb against the grip too much, because I've only had that problem on leather-backed holsters without combat cuts, but now I see what you're driving at. It'll be interesting to see how your testing goes.

Reactions: wbw

·
Registered
318 Posts
That Hogue Hand All Grip Sleeve helps with the stout recoil of the Springfield Armory Hell Cat 9mm . I recommend a Holster with some type of security & retention a push-button release or a thumb break. Far too many instances of the firearm being snatched from the holster or the firearm fall on the ground when running or in a scuffle or it just lost when walking in the woods hunting or fishing. Firearms Retention & Security should be a priority when purchasing a holster. Many say that will never happen to me until it does happen to them.

·
Registered
93 Posts
That Hogue Hand All Grip Sleeve helps with the stout recoil of the Springfield Armory Hell Cat 9mm . I recommend a Holster with some type of security & retention a push-button release or a thumb break. Far too many instances of the firearm being snatched from the holster or the firearm fall on the ground when running or in a scuffle or it just lost when walking in the woods hunting or fishing. Firearms Retention & Security should be a priority when purchasing a holster. Many say that will never happen to me until it does happen to them.
@wbw seems to like the holster. I'm considering buying one. This isn't a thread on retention so please stop hijacking threads with the topic. You are more than welcome to start a new thread and we can discuss it all you want there.

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts