Springfield XD Forum banner
81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Shooter9.............Shield has two sights that are cut specific to the Sig 365 and our SA Hellcats. The RMSc and the CMSc.
I believe the CMSc is plastic framed. Not sure if the optic lens is plastic or glass. It is less expansive than the RMSc by quite a bit.

·
Registered
XDm 45 3.8 Compact, ex Alaska State Police, no markings
31 Posts
Shooter9.............Shield has two sights that are cut specific to the Sig 365 and our SA Hellcats. The RMSc and the CMSc.
I believe the CMSc is plastic framed. Not sure if the optic lens is plastic or glass. It is less expansive than the RMSc by quite a bit.
you are referring to the SMSc.
SMSc – SHIELD SIGHTS

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yes.I was "trying" to refer to the SMSc. I'm getting acronym poisoning! Now I know why Shooter questioned the previous post. o_O I need a strong drink! 🥴

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just installed the Swamp Fox Sentinel on my Hellcat. Had to shave 1mm off of the 10mm T10 screws included with the sight. You have to get enough metal off of it to get the right fit. I put a bit of marker color on the working end of the screws to verify that they are not bottoming out in the slide. Got the M version, w/manual brightness and shake-and-wake switch. Bought it from Steel City Arsenal, August 10 order, August 13 delivery to The People's Republic of CT.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just put the Holosun 507K on my hellcat and it looks great. Had to mill down the posts but it sits flush now. Heard guys have also filed them down but I have a mill at work. Left the front 2 a little proud becuase the holosun has 2 nothces in the front that they seat into. Still able to cowitness probably 75% plus with the original sights.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great thread, I read the whole thing, and was disappointed it ended. Just got my Hellcat and trying to figure out which optic to put on it. Anything new these last 2 months? Thanks!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'll add this: I've had my Romeo Zero on a Hellcat for quite sometime now. After I purchased it, my thoughts were that it's plastic and it has a plastic lens and it will scratch and not hold up.
In the 7 months I've had it mounted and carried every single day, I am very pleased with it. No scratches on the lens cleaning lint and powder residues from range time off with isopropanol, a Qtip and using canned air to dry it off per the instructions for cleaning. It has held it's zero perfectly thru a minimum of 600 to 700 rounds fired. No failure to "wake up" when moved. No issues with it loosening up at all.
I own a Swampfox Sentinel that I bought to replace the Romeo Zero but why change something that isn't broken? Of course by singing the praises of it, I know I have doomed it as well. After all, this is 2020. I would expect nothing less!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great thread, I read the whole thing, and was disappointed it ended. Just got my Hellcat and trying to figure out which optic to put on it. Anything new these last 2 months? Thanks!
I have the Swamp Fox Sentinel, love it. Choose it because of it's aluminum casing over the Sig Romeo's plastic. Also the brightness adjust on the Sentinel is easy, 2 buttons on the side for up/down. The Romeo's is 1 button that's located near the lens, so it's not as fast to change (not that you'd realistically need to). Also the Romeo has had some bad reviews about not fitting or working properly (can't comment on the fit on the Hellcat, seems to be a general issue) And the Sentinel has 2 model, a manual brightness or auto brightness model.

To be fair I did get a dealer discount on the Sentinel so it was the same price as the Romeo. Normally it's about $300 for the Sentinel vs $200-250 for the Romeo

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ordered a Swampfox Sentinal with Auto Brightness / Always On for my Hellcat on Oct 5 and got it on the 9th. Ordered from Rocky Brass for $259. Just looked at their website and it is now $239 but out of stock. It fit like a glove and the installation was easy enough even a caveman could do it. Also, it comes with a package of 8.6 mm screws which eliminates having to shave down the 10 mm included screws. No problem with co-witnessing the original sights while using the Swampfox. I think I am going to like it.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Thanks to these forums, I knew to shave the screws, only had to remove 1 thread on my grinder to get the Sig Romeo Zero to sit solidly. It does co-witness, but the bottom half of the front sight is blocked.

I also have a XD streamlight tlr6, but trying to find a holster before putting that on.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I haven't seen a red dot that offers 100% co-witness. Most about 2/3rds which is better than none or buying sights that do.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hmmm, that could be. I got mine directly from Shield over a year ago and am out of touch on availability. Given how I am scrambling to find reloading supplies, I guess it does not surprise me.

81 - 96 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.