Springfield XD Forum banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I put one of the early glass versions of the RMSc on my Hellcat. Plate not necessary on Hellcat. Be aware, for my sight, the optic was an extremely tight fit when tightening down... It would not actually fit perfectly flush with the slide cut. I called Shield about that, and they claimed Springfield did not cut/mill to spec. Whoever is to blame, it may have changed by now, I just don't know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you Shooter9. I found the SMSc to be a perfect fit for my Hellcat, which I was glad for. Only problem I had was that I used the wrong screws the first time and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't tighten up. Then I realized the smaller ones were needed without the plate, and the larger screws with the plate, and everything worked out. I just wasn't sure if the plate was necessary.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just ordered this new Riton X3 Tactix MPRD. Coming out in June. They are taking preorders. I love how this optic is made of aluminum, glass, brightness up and down, power off, adjustable left/right/up/down. For only 299. How freaking sweet!!!

X3 Tactix MPRD

·
Registered
24 Posts
The Sentinel/SwampFox should be a good unit if it's like their other offerings.
First post here! I've been lurking here off and on for quite some time. I wanted to post my experience with a Sig Romeo Zero on a HellCat.
I used the included M4 screws that came with the Romeo Zero and ground them down to 9.6 mm total length head to end. (About 0.376-0.378 inches).
A plain 10 mm was too long and bottomed out on the Hellcat. The included 3M self adhesive plastic film couldn't be used with the Hellcat due to the raised four corners in the milled area. If you used it, it can create some slop. I love mine so far and it was priced at 199.00 last week so even finding one let alone for a Pre-Covid19 price was pure luck. I love the iron sights on my Hellcat but wanted to try a reflex site. No Regrets at this point in time!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I just ordered this new Riton X3 Tactix MPRD. Coming out in June. They are taking preorders. I love how this optic is made of aluminum, glass, brightness up and down, power off, adjustable left/right/up/down. For only 299. How freaking sweet!!!

X3 Tactix MPRD
When you get it on the gun please let us know how it fits and whether it sits low enough for good co-witness. Also, any estimates on battery life? Looks like a good sight overall.

·
Registered
24 Posts
No shim needed. The screws supplied by Sig, (M4's), need to be shortened by quite a bit. I took my screws all the way down to 9.6 mm measuring from the very top of the screw's cap to the bottom of the threads. If those screws bottom out, the optic is going to be loose. If they do bottom out, chances are they are hitting a spring in the slide so make sure you take enough off to firm up the optic at the torque settings recommended by Sig but still also stay off that spring on the right-side screw hole.

·
Registered
24 Posts
tried of waiting on the rmsc red dot thank i will try the swamp fox any one have one??
They have only just shipped in the past 10 days. They really didn't say anything about the initial quantities available either so there may not be many in folks hands yet. It may also take a few weeks before folks have them mounted and could put them to the test.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well i just confirmed 100% the new Riton optic will NOT fit the hellcat. Which im sure neither will the SwampFox. The problem is the mounting screw holes. They are centered on the hellcat, where as the optics the mounting holes are near the rear of the optic. Such a freakin bummer!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well i just confirmed 100% the new Riton optic will NOT fit the hellcat. Which im sure neither will the SwampFox. The problem is the mounting screw holes. They are centered on the hellcat, where as the optics the mounting holes are near the rear of the optic. Such a freakin bummer!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
The two screws that hold the RMR cut on the gun are not the holes you use to mount the sight. The screws are located under that sight's mounting holes in the picture. I think it will fit. And the swamp fox sentinel specifically states this copied and pasted right off their web site:
Sentinel will fit the Sig P365XL, Springfield Hellcat OSP, Canik Elite SC, S&W Shield 2.0 Optics Ready, Walther PPS M2 Optics Ready– any slimline slide with an RMSc footprint incorporated, either factory or gunsmith cut.
Take the red dot cover off of your Hellcat and you will see the screws that hold the plate are forward of the actual screws that would hold the sight.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ohhh man you just made my day! I was thinking those holes also are used to mount the optic. So freakin pumped now! My excitement is bittersweet though, I cant get that damn cover off. I was able to break loose one of the screws but the other one i pretty much ruined it. I’m screwed! I can’t get it out. They put lock tite on the screws and incredible hulk tightened them down. Lol!! How can I get this screw loosened and out??

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well I ran my gun over to the gunsmith real quick. He cracked it loose! Woohoo!!

In case anyone wants to see under the hood. I also mounted it up. The screws Riton provides fit perfectly. I put a small dab of blue loctite on them.

Also you definitely cannot co-witness with the rear sight. Not sure if any red dot will be able to with this horseshoe type of sight, its just too low.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm glad to hear you got the screw out and your fixed up with the Riton. Not glad to see the Riton is thicker than the Shield and the Sig Romeo Zero base I have on my Hellcat. Not being able to co-witness kind of bites.
When you start shooting your newly rigged Hellcat, give yourself some time to get used to the reflex sight. It really does take some time getting used to.
I see the Riton is far and away waterproof verses my RZ. It also is aluminum. The RZ is polymer. The Riton uses glass. The Romeo Zero uses a polymer screen that requires extra care to prevent scratches and clouding. I think you did well with the Riton. (Meanwhile....I need to make sure I have 75% Isopropanol, real Qtips and a can of canned air to clean mine). :cool:
It would be interesting to see if the SwampFox Sentinel will allow co-witnessing. I know the Shield RMSc, the JPoint and the Romeo Zero do. Not sure if the new Shield CMSc does. The ADE Spike is another one that is coming out for this platform, (cut), but again, nothing seen if it allows co-witnessing by the manufacturer or a consumer and I would guess, (not saying it does), but guess at it's price point, it may use polymer. (Post if you get one).
If the Swampfox allows Co-Witnessing with it's aluminum body and glass, I may go that route and put the RZ on something else with a conversion mount. I love my RZ but I would prefer glass and an aluminum frame.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts