Springfield XD Forum banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
The only screws that I could find readily available are M4 - .7 x 10mm socket cap screws from Home Depot. They stick up quite a bit but really don't block the view. If anything, they actually sit right in front of the rear sights and help frame in the front site. I have some flat head cap screws on the way from Amazon. Will see if they fit and look any better. Thoughts?

20200308_190759.jpg
20200309_183632.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree. I have a collection of different sizes arriving tomorrow. These will probably be less obnoxious. Yours look good! Thanks.

Hex Sock.jpg

·
Registered
836 Posts
I agree. I have a collection of different sizes arriving tomorrow. These will probably be less obnoxious. Yours look good! Thanks.

View attachment 757763
Please come back with pictures and let us see what you find. I have similar round head screws and I hate them, but it’s what I could find that fit. Yours look much better. I know they are #4 10mm but the heads are the problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
On another note, in regards to co-witness, I only appear to pick up the top of the yellow front site when zeroed in on target. Now I haven't bore sighted with the red dot on yet, so that could be the issue. I'll find out for sure on Wed or Thursday and will post results.

·
Registered
836 Posts
On another note, in regards to co-witness, I only appear to pick up the top of the yellow front site when zeroed in on target. Now I haven't bore sighted with the red dot on yet, so that could be the issue. I'll find out for sure on Wed or Thursday and will post results.
That is going to depend upon what distance you sight the red dot in at. The front sight and red dot will/should only co-witness at the same feet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here are the second set of screws (as compared to the socket caps). I wound up using the m4 x10mm of these screws. They could have been a bit longer, but the 12mm were too long. Wish I could find a set of recessed screws like the Romeo came with, but these are better than the socket caps. I did try to grind the M4's that the Romeo came with down a bit, but no luck, as I lost the starter thread. Good enough for now I guess:

20200310_195018.jpg
20200310_195145.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got my Hellcat a little over a month ago and decided to order the SIG Romeo Zero from optics planet for it. A hundred bucks less than the SMSc, and 200 less than the RMSc. After getting told that the SIG was pushed on back order toll mid April, I cancelled the order and went on the SA site and ordered the SMSc , got it yesterday after a 5 day wait. Installation could not have been easier. I was expecting to need to do some adjusting on the dot but as mounted initially, the dot co-witnesses perfectly with the irons, go figure. I plan on cranking out some rounds this afternoon after work to validate Zero. So far, I an quite pleased with the setup. I got a custom made Sticky IWB made for the gun with the optic and it works like a charm. Cant really tell a difference on carry with the Shield vs without. Anyone with a similar setup wanting an IWB may want to give them a look. Anyway, I'll try and post a couple of pics, one with the dot on. BTW, I also have the XDS MOD 2 in .45 ACP and I think it may be spending a lot of time in the old sock drawer now.
SMSc.jpg
pistola.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased my hellcat osp today. The sales associate stated vortex viper fits the hellcat. Any feedback on going with it for $225 verses the sig Romeo zero for $200?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just purchased my hellcat osp today. The sales associate stated vortex viper fits the hellcat. Any feedback on going with it for $225 verses the sig Romeo zero for $200?
Sure. 2 things.
1) Vortex Viper does NOT fit the Hellcat. Someone stated so in a different thread here, and it's also stated on Optics Planet. Will this sight fit on the new Springfield Armory 9mm Hellcat and if so can it it be installed without any additional parts , tooling and or mods
2) Good luck finding a Romeo Zero for $200 without 1-4 month wait.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sure. 2 things.
1) Vortex Viper does NOT fit the Hellcat. Someone stated so in a different thread here, and it's also stated on Optics Planet. Will this sight fit on the new Springfield Armory 9mm Hellcat and if so can it it be installed without any additional parts , tooling and or mods
2) Good luck finding a Romeo Zero for $200 without 1-4 month wait.
Thanks I verified with Vortex it won’t work. Never listen to a clerk at a Dept store. Hard to knuckle up for the RMSc. Doesn’t the Romeo require smaller screws and no milking correct? The holosun looks like another alternative

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks I verified with Vortex it won’t work. Never listen to a clerk at a Dept store. Hard to knuckle up for the RMSc. Doesn’t the Romeo require smaller screws and no milking correct? The holosun looks like another alternative
Not sure on the screws for the Romeo Zero, but no it doesn't require special milling. It will fit. Only problem is availabiltiy right now. It has MSRP of $240, most places had it for $200 but there's a huge back order on them. Optics Planet says 1-4 month expected wait. I see on Ebay people sold them for $350-400. Apparently they're having production issues.

The Holosun looks good, but it's not out yet and from what I can tell no official date. 1 forum I read suggested April 2020, 1 suggested fall 2020.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not sure on the screws for the Romeo Zero, but no it doesn't require special milling. It will fit. Only problem is availabiltiy right now. It has MSRP of $240, most places had it for $200 but there's a huge back order on them. Optics Planet says 1-4 month expected wait. I see on Ebay people sold them for $350-400. Apparently they're having production issues.

The Holosun looks good, but it's not out yet and from what I can tell no official date. 1 forum I read suggested April 2020, 1 suggested fall 2020.

Emailed Holosun and asked what mods would be needed for the 507k on the Hellcat. This was their reply:
“Thank you for your interest in Holosun. Our HS507K will require some modification to fit your platform. You will need to have the rear indexing lugs on your pistol removed. ”

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone, first timer here on this forum. I wanted to ask a question about the Shield SMSc red dot. I ordered from Springfield and received it yesterday for my Hellcat. I watched a couple of videos on the installation, just to make sure I wasn't missing anything (even though it's pretty straight forward). I noticed the videos I watched they mentioned using the bottom plate, however most people I see sporting this red dot dot not appear to be using the bottom plate. Is it necessary to use it?

41 - 60 of 84 Posts