Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides the JPoint4 and the Shield RMSC is there any other pistol red dots that will fit the Hellcat?

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Springfield website has a SMSc for $100 less than the RMSc. I guess the body of the SMSc is polymer instead of the aluminum of the RMSc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a dumb question. I have never used this kind of red dot on a pistol so I'm curious as to how they work on a carry gun. I am interested in the Hellcat optic ready so I can take advantage of having a red dot but I do not know if you must turn it on when you are confronted with a defensive situation or if it just stays on the whole time you are carrying? If it stays on how long will the battery last? If you have to turn it on in a defensive situation doesn't that make it kind of unusable? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I have a dumb question. I have never used this kind of red dot on a pistol so I'm curious as to how they work on a carry gun. I am interested in the Hellcat optic ready so I can take advantage of having a red dot but I do not know if you must turn it on when you are confronted with a defensive situation or if it just stays on the whole time you are carrying? If it stays on how long will the battery last? If you have to turn it on in a defensive situation doesn't that make it kind of unusable? Thanks for your help.
Most are always on. I have the Romeo Zero in my Hellcat. It has auto on and off known as shake and wake. If the gun stays still for two minutes or so, it goes to sleep. As soon as you move the gun it wakes up automatically. Nothing to press. As for others I can not speak on them as I don't own any. The Zero is a nice fit. It just works. I recommend it. But do YOUR research and find what works for YOU. Battery life is suppose to be about 5 to 7 years. I will be changing them every 3 years.

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
I love the red dots on my long guns, just can't see adding one to my edc. As it is, I have a hard time concealing much more than a small single stack. Add a red dot? I can't figure out how to do that. Maybe, possibly could for a couple months a year when it is cool enough to wear a bit heavier clothing and a jacket or vest or something.

·
Registered
836 Posts
There are no dumb questions. We learn by asking.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I love the red dots on my long guns, just can't see adding one to my edc. As it is, I have a hard time concealing much more than a small single stack. Add a red dot? I can't figure out how to do that. Maybe, possibly could for a couple months a year when it is cool enough to wear a bit heavier clothing and a jacket or vest or something.
Believe it or not, it's not hard at all. If you already conceal your firearm well, then it will be no problem. The red dot is close to the body and the beltline. So it is the same. The only difference I see is the size of the red dot you choose. Stay small as possible. You won't have a problem.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I'm thinking real hard about that Romeo Zero. I saw that MAC review of it and am concerned that he saw zero shift when the gun was dropped in the grass. Part of me says I'm not going to drop the gun... part of me says it shouldn't be an issue to begin with regardless of if I drop it.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I'm thinking real hard about that Romeo Zero. I saw that MAC review of it and am concerned that he saw zero shift when the gun was dropped in the grass. Part of me says I'm not going to drop the gun... part of me says it shouldn't be an issue to begin with regardless of if I drop it.
I saw that also. But I've had mine for two months with no problems, and I have dropped mine twice on concrete at the range. So I think "maybe" it was just his only. I haven't heard of anyone's else having problems at all.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I saw that also. But I've had mine for two months with no problems, and I have dropped mine twice on concrete at the range. So I think "maybe" it was just his only. I haven't heard of anyone's else having problems at all.
This is reassuring! I'm likely to get one... But I've got that little doubtful voice in my head. Just gotta get past it.

·
Registered
836 Posts
This is reassuring! I'm likely to get one... But I've got that little doubtful voice in my head. Just gotta get past it.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Remember, Sig stands by their Warranty. So buy with confidence.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Most are always on. I have the Romeo Zero in my Hellcat. It has auto on and off known as shake and wake. If the gun stays still for two minutes or so, it goes to sleep. As soon as you move the gun it wakes up automatically. Nothing to press. As for others I can not speak on them as I don't own any. The Zero is a nice fit. It just works. I recommend it. But do YOUR research and find what works for YOU. Battery life is suppose to be about 5 to 7 years. I will be changing them every 3 years.
With the Romeo Zero, can you still co-witness with the iron sights? I just ordered my Hellcat OSP and it will be a while before I can think about an optic for it. But doing my research now. Thanks,

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does motion while carrying in the holster cause the shake and wake to auto-on the red dot?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Just a heads up: Holosun has come out with the 407K and 507K which apparently can fit with some modification. I'm not sure what that modification is, but I'm glad more companies are getting into the mix.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts