Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

First post. I tried searching here and Google to no avail. I recently installed the PRP trigger kit and as expected after reading reviews, it feels mushy and gritty (although much lighter of course).

I know a couple of the areas that I should polish like the disconnector and where the trigger bar connects, but where else specifically and what's the best method? I have a dremel, but it only has a high speed.

I just don't want to tear it all down and then miss a spot. Pics or videos appreciated!

Thank you.

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
Hello all,

First post. I tried searching here and Google to no avail. I recently installed the PRP trigger kit and as expected after reading reviews, it feels mushy and gritty (although much lighter of course).

I know a couple of the areas that I should polish like the disconnector and where the trigger bar connects, but where else specifically and what's the best method? I have a dremel, but it only has a high speed.

I just don't want to tear it all down and then miss a spot. Pics or videos appreciated!

Thank you.
I didn't buy the kit, but I did polish the sear and engagement area of the striker. For this kind of polishing, you need a Dremel set at the lowest speed. I use Simichrome and the soft, whitr polishing pad that attaches to the mandrel with a screw. I reduced the pull weight and smoothed the break. Working on my Hellcat reinforced my appreciation for the genius of Glock's design!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts