Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Well I picked up one and took it to the range yesterday. I’m already a SA fan but this one really impresses me. Ran several hundred rounds thought it. Performed excellent as expected. I’ll probably put away my XDS 9 and carry this one. It was a bonus that it fit my XDS holsters too!
Surprisingly I've yet to put one in an XDS holster, I'll have to give it a shot. I am VERY impressed with my Hellcat - absolutely love it and it's become my EDC, most days.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I was on a constant rotation with all the new micros until I got a Hellcat. That came to a screeching halt and the only micro I carry. It is that good. What is not to like? Can carry a 1/2 box of ammo with one spare mag. Very little negative chatter as they are super reliable. Tempted to get another at LE pricing.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Deepest sympathies to the California members as well as Jersey and New Yorkers for a lot of insane state laws.
To the OP, it's good to keep hearing about new Hellcat users and their satisfaction of the firearm.
Mine is well used and has a lot of Kydex holster wear. It has many thousands through it now but I'll chime in on three things I noticed.
1. The new 13rd magazines are an absolute b*#ch to load up when new. Especially with old hands. I have two loaded up for a few weeks before firing them to check feed/fire/dump.
2. Make sure you keep the Hellcat well maintained if you carry against your body watching the inside of the slide release lever and the inside of the magazine release. (viewable in the magazine recess). These rusted on me when I went 7-8 weeks without access to my cleaning supplies and bench while EDC!!!
3. I always shot my XDs "decent" before buying the Hellcat. I shot the Hellcat much more accurately than the XDs until I started taking both to the range after letting the XDs sit a year. I shoot the XDs more accurately now than the Hellcat after several range visits and regardless of speed. Same ammo as before also. My other handguns, mid/full size, I see no difference in range results. Just a strange observation but I shot the XDs a lot many years prior to purchasing the Hellcat with just as many range shots.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was on a constant rotation with all the new micros until I got a Hellcat. That came to a screeching halt and the only micro I carry. It is that good. What is not to like? Can carry a 1/2 box of ammo with one spare mag. Very little negative chatter as they are super reliable. Tempted to get another at LE pricing.
I haven't CC a Glock or Glock pattern hand gun since picking up a Hellcat,with the 15 round magazine there is no point in carrying a bigger, heavier gun,now a days the Hellcat is my only carry gun.

·
Registered
98 Posts
2. Make sure you keep the Hellcat well maintained if you carry against your body watching the inside of the slide release lever and the inside of the magazine release. (viewable in the magazine recess). These rusted on me when I went 7-8 weeks without access to my cleaning supplies and bench while EDC!!!
When you say against your body, do you mean against your skin or did you have an undershirt on?

Just curious because the Melonite finish seems to hold up better than some of the other finishes based on what I've seem.

·
Registered
632 Posts

How often do you field strip it, even if you don't go to the range? I use hybrid leather / kydex holsters and haven't had this issue on any of my Springfields.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I have a Hellcat on order. Just waiting for it to come in. Well, actually it is in but they have to do the background check. Prior to 2019 if you had a current CPL (I do) you could buy the firearm that day and walk out the door with it right then and there.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have a Hellcat on order. Just waiting for it to come in. Well, actually it is in but they have to do the background check. Prior to 2019 if you had a current CPL (I do) you could buy the firearm that day and walk out the door with it right then and there.
I was not disappointed with mine. Trigger broke in at around 50 rounds and is really good (might turn me into a fan of modified Glock actions ;)). I found the gun to be accurate with 115 gr. and recoil is manageable.

Certain states seem to be partially or totally sunsetting the NCIS exemption. I remember being told that Washington state eliminated it completely a couple of years ago and my state has the exemption on dealer/retail sales, but requires a background for all private sales/transfers regardless if either party holds CWP. :rolleyes:

I would be interested in hearing how you like it once get it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts