Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New the Springfield brand, purchased the Hellcat recently through my LEO distributor store, I'm truly impressed with the platform. However, comparing the Hellcat to the Sig 365 I noticed a bit more of a snappier felt recoil. I tried multiple grains such as 124 and 147 and my personal choice of carry grain is 124gr, not sure what kind of recoil springs Springfield is using on this platform?

I'm sure someone will come up with upgraded recoil spring, or guide rod, etc. Also, you can't find an optic for this platform ANYWHERE! Personally, I don't like the Shield offering so I am opting for the Sig Romeo Zero instead.

Thoughts on the felt recoil issue?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I had a 365 and now have the Hellcat. There might be a small difference in felt recoil, but I don't find any worse than must micro 9s. Not really a range gun so no biggie to me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Have never shot a 365. Handled one in a shop and chose the hellcat. Recoil? It’s a little snappy but I assume all micro compacts are. It’s not to bad and I shoot it well. Really like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have never shot a 365. Handled one in a shop and chose the hellcat. Recoil? It’s a little snappy but I assume all micro compacts are. It’s not to bad and I shoot it well. Really like it.

For the most part, most micros are, however, the 365 feels less snappy ~

·
Registered
28 Posts
I own a HC ... agreed it is a little snappy ... I also tried 147 grain vs 115 and didn't notice any difference ... the gun is very accurate though, easy to carry and conceale ... when a gun starts to get that small its borderline better to be a 380 however with the HC in 9mm I think the recoil is very manageable... if you have kinda weaker hands it might not be a right gun to purchase bc it's a little harder to rack and a little harder/very stiff to load 11 or 13 rounds in the mag ... as stated in a previous post, its not a range gun. Twice a month I shoot 20 or 30 rounds through it to stay familiar with it for carrying ... I love the HC

·
Registered
644 Posts
New the Springfield brand, purchased the Hellcat recently through my LEO distributor store, I'm truly impressed with the platform. However, comparing the Hellcat to the Sig 365 I noticed a bit more of a snappier felt recoil. I tried multiple grains such as 124 and 147 and my personal choice of carry grain is 124gr, not sure what kind of recoil springs Springfield is using on this platform?

I heard the same thing from some of the U-tubers but I could feel a difference. I liked the Hellcat more so I bought one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Don’t have a P365 and never shot one. Compared to my Shield 9mm though, my Hellcat is slightly snappier. Bottom line though, recoil on either one is nothing.

·
Registered
9,827 Posts
Never saw the word snappy used so many times in a thread that doesn't involve. 40.

There is another word that needs to make an appearance and when it does... that post wins!

Me and Groucho... we're pals.

Reactions: GP XDM GUY

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I been wanting one for awhile now. Shot it at my range. And, it is snappy. Sorry, Johnnyuma, I’m tired and couldn’t think of another word. But definitely manageable. Felt good in the hand and was accurate.

Chicago firefighter... what don’t you like about the Sheild optic?

And stay safe brother.

·
Registered
838 Posts

I'm sure someone will come up with upgraded recoil spring, or guide rod, etc. Also, you can't find an optic for this platform ANYWHERE! Personally, I don't like the Shield offering so I am opting for the Sig Romeo Zero instead.

I love my Hellcat. I have the Sig Romeo Zero and it’s a good fit for me. They are hard to find. I was lucky to get the only 3 my range had. Thanks to knowing the owners. Get the 3MOA if you do buy one. I still have one in the package I plan to put on my Glock 48 next month if I get around to it. You will need different screws if you get one for your Hellcat. Pick them up at any hardware store. The ones it comes with will be too short for the Hellcat and the ones Springfield sale or two short also.

·
Registered
355 Posts
IMO, the felt recoil is negligible if you're using the 13 round magazine. But yeah, it's a bit annoying on follow up shots when using the 11 rounder, even with the pinky extension.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I agree with the OP. The Sig is a little less "snappy" but boy it isn't much. The Hellcat fit my large hands much better than the 365. I think many times that is how perceived "kick" is enhanced or absorbed. Holding a pistol that doesn't fit your hands may make the gun feel like there is more kick verses a nice fitting grip while shooting.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Am I missing something? You are talking about a 9mm. My 130# 69 year old wife keeps trying to steal my XDS 45acp. Does the Hellcat have some kind of magical recoil increasing ability?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts