Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still working on picking up the dot faster. Probably my best day with the Hellcat. Every round was on paper and with a few exceptions my flyers were not far off. At this range I am normally at the left end with the wall to my left. Today I was far right against the wall. I ran into an issue with smoke lingering and obscuring the center of the target a few times. I’m going to use these targets up but I will be switching back to the shoot n c targets. Or maybe a lighter color than black. In the range lighting I just can’t see the first few holes in the black in order to adjust.
Sleeve Font Red Pattern Logo
Sports equipment Recreation Circle Font Pattern
Black Sleeve Gramophone record Recreation Dartboard
Sleeve Font Recreation Pattern Sports equipment
Neck Sleeve Sports equipment Gramophone record Recreation
Black Sleeve T-shirt Gramophone record Red
Sleeve Sports equipment Recreation Font Gramophone record

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Hi,

Fun stuff! I don't like shooting next to the wall indoors. It's more noisy and the brass bounces off the wall and hits me. :ROFLMAO:

I also like the splatter targets. I'll usually hang up a couple at the end of my session just for kicks. I don't have any steel yet but I like seeing where the shots land. I have to be careful though. I tend to look over my sights too soon and pull the shot. I gotta work on that. ;)

Thanks for sharing your fun.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

·
Registered
256 Posts
I don't care for indoor ranges, but you gotta do what you need to do. What distance were you shooting? I'm not real accurate with my Hellcat. Next range trip I'm going back to my XDE and see how that goes.

Also, when I carry the Hellcat, about half the time my safety gets pushed to the off position when I get seated in the car. Most likely my coat or jacket. But that doesn't happen with the XDE.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts