Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't know where to put this. What Hellcat accessories do you want to see come out?
1) A nice grip extension with a +1 or +0 but that doesn't feel so flimsy.
2) An extended slide release would be awesome.
3) Custom rear slide plate, wish Classy Raptor would make something. I really liked the one I had on my Glock 43.
The fact that I couldn't really come up with stuff to improve the gun speaks about how great it is.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Not sure yet about accessories. Ordered an osp hellcat from my local gunshop the first day they announced them. I got it yesterday!! Took it home, cleaned it and shot it a couple hundred times, ran two mags of carry Ammo without a hiccup. I really like it. I had a small iwb holster that works so I have carried it all day today at a sporting event. Very comfortable and concealable. The only accessory I think I might want soon is an extra mag or two. Probably get the 11 rounders and of course a iwb holster made just for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
The only accessory have is a Powder River trigger kit, new springs and sear. No actual trigger yet but coming.

·
Registered
371 Posts
More light bearing holsters. A year later, and the p365 still has significantly more light bearing holster choices.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Two of the items on your list are already available from Hyve:
+1/+3 base plate: +1/+3 for the Springfield Hellcat - HYVE Technologies
custom slide plate: Customizable Slide Cover Plate for the Springfield Hellcat -

The nice thing about the base plate is that there's virtually no difference in length from the factory base plate on the 13 round mags.

In a personal note I have a couple of the base plates and they work well. They're aluminum so they're definitely not flimsy. I will caution everyone about these items though:
1. The base plates are hard to install. I had to beat mine with a rubber mallet to get them onto the magazine. And I'm not talking taps, I mean beating on them with everything I could muster.
2. The fully loaded magazine with the based plate installed somehow leaves a round loose enough to rattle. I have 2 of the base plates and both magazines do it. There's enough pressure on it with it inserted in the pistol to stop the rattling, but if you carry a spare magazine odds are it'll make noise.
3. The anodizing is cheap. Even though I taped up the base plates before I used the mallet it still scratched them up. They look like they've seen a lot of hard use from speed reload drills and falling on the ground and they've virtually never been used. In short, they scratch easily (at least the black ones do).

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I installed an Apex trigger upgrade on my Hellcat and it greatly improved the operation. Also, while it was disassembled, all contact points the trigger bar and sear assembly shared were polished. The resulting trigger pull was much smoother, no gritty feeling. Easy install..well worth the $.

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
I have installed three of the HYVE base's two on 13 round and one on a 11 round. two (a 11 and 13) were easy enough and one was hard, all are good all are now 14+1. I also did the Apex Trigger (Patriotic Blue Line) It is the wife's and she carries it in a DeSantis Criss Cross holster. She is quick on the draw.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I also purchased a Lakeline SS striker guide to replace the plastic factory one and a base plate for the 11 round magazine. The factory 11 round magazine baseplate was flimsy and had a tendency to shift and could conceivably interfere with insertion into the pistol. Lakeline’s replacement base is more robust and doesn’t shift position. Both of these changes are strictly precautionary, as I’m a firm believer that “Murphy“ is alive and well!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Didn't know where to put this. What Hellcat accessories do you want to see come out?
3) Custom rear slide plate, wish Classy Raptor would make something. I really liked the one I had on my Glock 43.
The fact that I couldn't really come up with stuff to improve the gun speaks about how great it is.
SOME OLD SCHOOL ADVICE : If it's not broke don't try to fix it . In my opinion it's already is the best micro compact 9mm of the market today .

·
Registered
191 Posts
I wish the Hell Cat OSP sights were on all Springfield Pistols ! I love the U NOTCH .

·
Registered
371 Posts

Just sent them my Streamlight TLR6, so they can make a light bearing holster for my Hellcat. Should be available to anyone that orders afterwards.

I send the XD version of the TLR6 btw. As I've posted in another thread, it's a near perfect fit with some play where it meets the trigger guard. The play can be taken out, but cutting a foam ear plug in half, and stuffing it there.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Got my light bearing holster in from Slim Fit holsters, carried it for about a week. Materials and retention are good. But finishing could use improvement, it's very obvious the edges were shaped by hand on a grinder. No sharp edges though, just aesthetics issues. Retention is tight, as you can see part of the TLR6 logo is worn from contact. There's some marks on the spouse as well. But not enough for me to worry about long term wear yet.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
I wish the Hell Cat OSP sights were on all Springfield Pistols ! I love the U NOTCH .
Absolutly!

I put the Talon rubber texture grips on all my polymer guns so they all feel pretty much alike as far as grippy goes. Also, I have some arthritis in my thumbs and the Hellcat slide is very lacking in slide cuts, so I put the "Slide Spider" on it. Amazing grip texture. I chose the all black option.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just installed the Apex Trigger kit in my Hellcat. I had polished the internals and had the trigger very crisp at about 5.5 pounds. Now, the trigger is very crisp at 4.5 pounds and the pre-travel and over-travel were reduced. The most impressive thing is the reduced reset. Really like the results.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I just installed the Apex Trigger kit in my Hellcat. I had polished the internals and had the trigger very crisp at about 5.5 pounds. Now, the trigger is very crisp at 4.5 pounds and the pre-travel and over-travel were reduced. The most impressive thing is the reduced reset. Really like the results.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts