Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know what you all thought was the best, most all of my shooting will be in the yard at paper but there will be some con. carry,and home defence.
Any advise would be appriciated.

Thanks Matt

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
I've shot pistols equipped with both systems, and prefer the Heine. It is subjective, of course.
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
The heinie straight eights are easy to use in dark or low light conditions. I've had triji's on my xd's. The orange color is actually harder to see then the green. Meprolights are high quality as well.

·
Registered
157 Posts
i have never used heine sites but i do have trijicon on my 40.....i like them and will more than likely get them for my sub...hey frenchy where would be a good spot to do some research on heine sites? i wouldnt mind checking them out who knows i may convert....but i am a great supporter of night sites...maybe i dont have trijicon.....my sites are green 3 dot

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've got TFOs on my Xd40 and Heinies on my SC....with old eyes the Heinies work great for me, very easy to acquire the front sight. I wouldn't hesitate putting them on any of the XDs. I've also looked into the XS24/7 sights and they look good also but they claim they're not very good at longer distances but are great at 10-25 yds...For my money, I'd go with Heinies unless your going to do some competition shooting..

My .02

Rikoshey :twisted:

·
Registered
388 Posts
I'll be installing either Heinie Straight Eights or Ameriglow tritium ghost rings this coming week. I just need to make up my damn mind! Ultimately, I'll probably go with the Heinie sights, but my cheaper side could prevail...

To actually answer your question, though, I prefer pretty much anything over standard 3-dot sights. Following that philosophy, avoid the Trijicons.

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
hummel said:
i have never used heine sites but i do have trijicon on my 40.....i like them and will more than likely get them for my sub...hey frenchy where would be a good spot to do some research on heine sites? i wouldnt mind checking them out who knows i may convert....but i am a great supporter of night sites...maybe i dont have trijicon.....my sites are green 3 dot
Are you talking websites, hummel? if so....

http://www.heinie.com/allsights.html

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I called Springfield and these are two of the three sights they offer, I am going to have my XD Armory Koted, so I thought I might as well have them put sights on as well.
I just didnt know how hard it would be to get the elevation right with the Heinie sights.

Thanks Matt

·
Registered
607 Posts
sbe4me,
Your point on elevation is well taken. Here is a pic that illustrates the Heinie straight-eight sights. In a dark situation you cannot see the top edge of the front sight, only the two green dots. But you will develop a feel for it with practice just like any sights. The potential elevation variation would be very minimal at say 15 feet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the ox said:
Help me out here fellahs im kinda confused
mine came with Heine and the triijicon :?:
I'm just guessing that they came with the Heinie. That is one of the options from Springfield, but they are both an option from the CUSTOM SHOP.

Matt

1 - 20 of 23 Posts