Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:-o:-o:smile: I can't believe it happened to me! I bought a brand new bi-tone 9mm XDM. Had it shipped, as I have stated on this forum before, from the retailer to Powder River Precision for a trigger job and some TFOs. Then.......

Daniel put a scratch in my slide! Rather than call me and ask for a deal, he went out and found the hardest gun to find, in a hard to find a semi-auto world! He found an XDM 9mm bi-tone and sent me that gun, after another trigger job and changing the sights again. . Rather than take the easy way out, he spent hours of his time to replace the gun, IMHO without need, that I would have been happy with a scratch in for $50 off his work!

Can you get, given stuff happens, better service than that?

Bill

·
Registered
11 Posts
Phenomenal service. I am impressed.

:-o:-o:smile: I can't believe it happened to me! I bought a brand new bi-tone 9mm XDM. Had it shipped, as I have stated on this forum before, from the retailer to Powder River Precision for a trigger job and some TFOs. Then.......

Daniel put a scratch in my slide! Rather than call me and ask for a deal, he went out and found the hardest gun to find, in a hard to find a semi-auto world! He found an XDM 9mm bi-tone and sent me that gun, after another trigger job and changing the sights again. . Rather than take the easy way out, he spent hours of his time to replace the gun, IMHO without need, that I would have been happy with a scratch in for $50 off his work!

Can you get, given stuff happens, better service than that?

Bill

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Can you get...better service than that?
Absolutely not.

Thanks for relaying the message; I'm sold. I'll definitely be doing business with them sometime in the future.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Doesn't surprise me one bit. He and his wife are quality people and I am very, very impressed, not only with their work, but with them. What a breath of fresh air in this me, me, me world.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Doesn't surprise me one bit. He and his wife are quality people and I am very, very impressed, not only with their work, but with them. What a breath of fresh air in this me, me, me world.

+1

My dealings with Daniel have been very pleasant experiences as well.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Powder River Precision does indeed have customer service that you don't find out there to often in todays world. I currently have two pistols with Daniel & can't wait to get them back. He has a very fast turn-around and does top quality work. He & his wife both run a very respectable business and my pistols will be going no-where else in the future. If you want some of the best pistolsmithing and someone that will talk with you about your specific needs - deal with Powder River Precision.

·
Registered
188 Posts
It really is surprising considering someone that has done sight replacements, I'm guessing, hundreds of times on XDs, still has trouble removing the ridiculously difficult-to-remove sights. Why doesn't Springfield change this part of the design. My original XD looks mauled by the guy that installed my SureSights. He broke his equipment installing them.

Great customer service by Powder River. It's just a shame they get stuck footing the bill because Springfield has made the most common replacement part on their guns almost impossible to replace.

·
Registered
144 Posts
This sounds like a story of exceptional service, but I'd be worried about someone buying a gun for me (without my knowledge) and replacing the gun that I had purchased. In some legal fashion, wouldn't this be considered a straw purchase by Powder River...buying a gun for someone else? I personally commend Powder River on going the extra mile (and then some) in customer service, but I certainly wouldn't want to see anyone get into trouble over such a thing! Clearly, I hope that I'm wrong.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This sounds like a story of exceptional service, but I'd be worried about someone buying a gun for me (without my knowledge) and replacing the gun that I had purchased. In some legal fashion, wouldn't this be considered a straw purchase by Powder River...buying a gun for someone else? I personally commend Powder River on going the extra mile (and then some) in customer service, but I certainly wouldn't want to see anyone get into trouble over such a thing! Clearly, I hope that I'm wrong.
I'm not an FFL, but I guess since he had it sent directly to Powder River he has not done a 4473 at his local FFL to take possession. This is probably just a simple FFL to FFL transfer at this point.:?:

·
Registered
254 Posts
I can also attest to the excellent work and customer service of Powder River Precision. Daniel did the trigger work on my XDm-40 and it turned out awesome. This was before the drop in Sear and Trigger Bar kits were available as well. A true pleasure to work with!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Maybe Powder River bought the gun for him and just switched the slides around so he ended up keeping the slide with the scratch;)

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Daniel will prolly trick out his own newly acquired xdm9 and sell it. makes the customer happy and he doesnt ended up with a paper weight. good job PRP!

·
Registered
908 Posts
It really is surprising considering someone that has done sight replacements, I'm guessing, hundreds of times on XDs, still has trouble removing the ridiculously difficult-to-remove sights. Why doesn't Springfield change this part of the design. My original XD looks mauled by the guy that installed my SureSights. He broke his equipment installing them.

Great customer service by Powder River. It's just a shame they get stuck footing the bill because Springfield has made the most common replacement part on their guns almost impossible to replace.
The XD sights are harder to replace than many, but if someone boogers up your slide doing it, they probably don't know what they're doing.

I'm not picking on PRP, and anyone can slip, but generally speaking- these sights are easily enough replaced by a competent smith.

The 2 factors to getting it right are:
1. Having the right tools
2. Knowing the tricks to get it done right.

Some of the guys in a local gun shop here always poo-poo on doing XD sight replacements. They say it's just too hard to do on an XD.
It's the guns fault.:rolleyes:
They won't even do one unless it's had the sights replaced before.
They work on guns often, but have scratched up several XD slides that I know of.

Scott Springer, on the other hand, has replaced many, many XD sights without so much as a scratch.

It's all about who's doing the job.
If they him-haw about doing it, go somewhere else, before you get your gun boogered up!

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Since times are tough, the customer service better be nothing less then top notch!

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
The XD sights are harder to replace than many, but if someone boogers up your slide doing it, they probably don't know what they're doing.

I'm not picking on PRP, and anyone can slip, but generally speaking- these sights are easily enough replaced by a competent smith.

The 2 factors to getting it right are:
1. Having the right tools
2. Knowing the tricks to get it done right.

Some of the guys in a local gun shop here always poo-poo on doing XD sight replacements. They say it's just too hard to do on an XD.
It's the guns fault.:rolleyes:
They won't even do one unless it's had the sights replaced before.
They work on guns often, but have scratched up several XD slides that I know of.

Scott Springer, on the other hand, has replaced many, many XD sights without so much as a scratch.

It's all about who's doing the job.
If they him-haw about doing it, go somewhere else, before you get your gun boogered up!
I never said he messed it up changing the sights. You guys said that. For all I know he fumble fingered and dropped it or threw it at a burgler, or just liked it so much he just decided to keep that one gun because the serial number was special to him and matched his birthday or some such sh*t.

You assume/state Scott has never scratched a slide. I'm not sure you know that. At any rate, I don't know anyone, including the normally obliging Scott Springer, who would say they are infallible. I mean after all, even Glock does warranty work.

Most folks are just glad to hear positive things. But, if you gotta look at the rear-end of the cow instead of the head,,,,,,,,,I guess some folks are just that way.

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Maybe Powder River bought the gun for him and just switched the slides around so he ended up keeping the slide with the scratch;)
You wouldn't have the matching serials on the slide, bbl, and frame at that point, though would you?

·
Registered
908 Posts
I never said he messed it up changing the sights. You guys said that.
No, I didn't.
If you'll read my post, I quoted mandochak, and was referring to how hard the XD sights are to remove. He also said PRP has great service.
I was referring to the fact that I've seen a local shop and others scratch people's slides.
YOU took that as a negative against PRP, even though I stated I wasn't picking on them.

You assume/state Scott has never scratched a slide.
No, I don't.

I'm not sure you know that.
You're right, I don't know. 1 outta 3 ain't bad, I guess.
I just used Scott as an example of someone who does great work on XD sights. No doubt PRP does as well as Canyon Creek and others.

Most folks are just glad to hear positive things. But, if you gotta look at the rear-end of the cow instead of the head,,,,,,,,,I guess some folks are just that way.
I wasn't bashing anyone. Maybe you should pull your head out...:p

·
Registered
72 Posts

I wonder if you would be bitching if they just fall of like a glock ???

1 - 20 of 30 Posts