Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received my Missouri CCW a while back and decided to get a CCW holster. I ended up placing an order with Eric of HBE Leatherworks for the Com 3 IWB for my XDSC 40. During the production process I also ended up ordering a belt and a pancake holster. I own both an XD Service and an XDSC, both in .40. Eric made both holsters to fit either gun. Today I received my order, so now I have an IWB and an OWB to hang on my new belt. I must say, the fit and finish is first rate and I am VERY pleased with his work and communication along the way.

Also, since this is my first time CCW, can anyone give me any pointers to break in the new holsters? Being new they are a little stiff and hard to draw from.

Anyway, thanks Eric for a job well done. Check out his site at www.hbeleatherworks.com.

Take care and be safe!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After practicing drawing and re-holstering several times, these holsters work very nicely, both the IWB and the OWB. Great stuff. Can't wait to go out for the first time CCW. I would imagine I will be a little jittery like everyone is staring at me, but with time I am sure that will go away.

Be safe.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks........man I appreciate it and want to see some pics. Black Com3 and Black Pancake with the guns in them.............NICE!
Thanks again for the kind words.........Eric.
Shoot well.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have one of Eric's COM3 holsters for my XD-9 too. It is an outstanding product and I recommend it to anyone. The fit and finish of the holster is excellent but more importantly, it fits my XD like a glove. Thanks Eric!

·
Registered
156 Posts
CRAP!!! WHY, why, why, why, why tell me this now? I just ordered a Hume M715 clip-on for my XD9SC today. I own both a sub and a service and my experience with my Galco is that the sub does not draw well from it, so I ordered one for the sub. Now I find out 12 hours later I could have had a quality IWB made to fit both! DANG! Very nice workmanship. I also had a hard time finding anything with a clip and a body shield. I hate it when this happens!

LUCKY!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For Father's Day my wife got a sitter for the kids, took me to dinner and then to a movie. During this time I had to bend over in the restaurant and pick up an item for an elderly woman, strolled through the mall and by several security and LEO, then went in to the theatre passing several other LEO and many people. My wife walked close to me the whole time even hugging me a time or two. It wasn't until we got home that I showed her my Com 3 IWB and she was surpised. She asked if I had been carrying all night under my untucked T-shirt and Levi's.

The first hour the holster was stiff and uncomfortable, but after I relaxed and the leather relaxed with me, it was not bad at all. I was amazed how comfortable it was and un-noticed!

Awesome holster for an awesome pistola! :) I will be posting some pics here and sending some to Eric later this week.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The Com 3 will mold to you over the next couple of weeks and get more comfy. Like any leather holster it will be tight and argue with you at first.
The more you wear it and draw with it, the faster it will break in. Once you find the 'sweet spot" to carry it in then it will just get more comfy and Mold to YOU......
Hope that helps.........Eric

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here are four pics of my HBE Holsters. One is an IWB Black Com 3, the other is an OWB Black pancake. I can carry either my Service or my Sub .40 in either holster which makes it nice. I bought a gun belt from him too that I wear daily. Eric is first rate and so are his products.

Be safe.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Eric - do you have a website? I was wondering if you make the pancake model shown above for a Sig 245? And if so do you have color options? Thanks for the info, looks like you make very nice holsters.

Semper Fi!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts