Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok..what have I been missing here..Hawaiian shirts are now a symbol of white supremacy ??? ..WTF ?. Where did this come from ? ...LOL.. I actually own a couple and I like them.. What is going on here..People have actually lost their freaking minds..This country is in more trouble than I thought..I don't know how much more of this I can handle..:confused:

·
Registered
19,517 Posts
I have worn Hawaiian shirts about 3 days a week for years.
Aparently Boogalo Boys wear Hawaiian shirts while grilling meat and there was at one point a racist meme pertaining to Boogaloos. Aparently Boogalos are gun happy Libertarians. We all know guns are racist. They do after all kill more blacks than whites.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
So it's not the "baggy" that's bad, it's the baggy plus the print/dye?

Great, my baggy plaid/solid/striped short sleeve button ups cover up the P07 and extra mag. quite well.

·
Registered
7,356 Posts
Wonder if they grilled meat in Tback thong skivvies would that be a symbol of WS.

OMFingG what I want to know is where is this white privilege they speak of no one has ever handed my white ass a thing.

Entitlement my ass

Your entitled to the same things everyone is but if you decide to sit on your ass and whine you are owed something then well your entitled to all the benefits of being a lazy ass bitch. ZIP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,448 Posts
Yes.. where the hell did the bugwhatever thing come from with the shirts? Height of stupidity.
Google “The Big Luau”.
^^^This^^^
I'm just learning of it myself so the information is new to me... soon to be forgotten for sure, but here's what I've gleaned so far:
4Chan kind of started the whole "Boogaloo" meme. A civil uprising in the face of civil uprising. An offensive posture taken against Antifa fascists and anarchists.
Boogaloo has been extrapolated into "Big Igloo" and "Big Luau" and spawned dozens of memes from followers of 4Chan, John Brown Gun Club, and (I'm sure) other disenfranchised AltRight outlets... some of em are actually pretty funny.
My own estimation is that the Hawaiian shirts were originally a way to lighten things up at pro2A rallies and show pro gun folks as something other than the angry white males and paranoid separatists as they are depicted by the media. They also indicated a solidarity with the "Big Luau" movement... a showdown and final reckoning to rid ourselves of destructive leftists and anarchists intent on destroying the country and institutions as they currently exist.
The media has done what they always do with a symbol used by people who disagree with their opinion: transformed it via innuendo, misinformation, and huge logic-leaps into a symbol of hate and violence a la the circle game, drinking milk, MAGA gear, etc.
It's such an esoteric meme that, for the most part, the only people who really know about it are those directly involved somehow: participants, those who perpetuate the narrative, those who enjoy the spectacle. By that measure, it's not a real thing to most people so if you like to wear Hawaiian-patterned shirts, I'd say go ahead and and enjoy them. Like most things politically motivated, this too will have a short shelf-life.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
If a policy is allowed or disallowed based on the color of skin of the person whom it affects, then that policy is discriminatory and biased.

·
Registered
19,517 Posts
^^^This^^^
I'm just learning of it myself so the information is new to me... soon to be forgotten for sure, but here's what I've gleaned so far:
4Chan kind of started the whole "Boogaloo" meme. A civil uprising in the face of civil uprising. An offensive posture taken against Antifa fascists and anarchists.
Boogaloo has been extrapolated into "Big Igloo" and "Big Luau" and spawned dozens of memes from followers of 4Chan, John Brown Gun Club, and (I'm sure) other disenfranchised AltRight outlets... some of em are actually pretty funny.
My own estimation is that the Hawaiian shirts were originally a way to lighten things up at pro2A rallies and show pro gun folks as something other than the angry white males and paranoid separatists as they are depicted by the media. They also indicated a solidarity with the "Big Luau" movement... a showdown and final reckoning to rid ourselves of destructive leftists and anarchists intent on destroying the country and institutions as they currently exist.
The media has done what they always do with a symbol used by people who disagree with their opinion: transformed it via innuendo, misinformation, and huge logic-leaps into a symbol of hate and violence a la the circle game, drinking milk, MAGA gear, etc.
It's such an esoteric meme that, for the most part, the only people who really know about it are those directly involved somehow: participants, those who perpetuate the narrative, those who enjoy the spectacle. By that measure, it's not a real thing to most people so if you like to wear Hawaiian-patterned shirts, I'd say go ahead and and enjoy them. Like most things politically motivated, this too will have a short shelf-life.
Is this where I give the OK/ White Power sign with my hand?

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Since I just read about Bugaloo this week I am in trouble. I wear Hawaiian shirts and have a Punisher skull on the grill of my black challenger. So guilt by fashion choices

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Never heard about this. Is there an article somewhere that explains what this about? I'm not getting rid of my Hawaiian shirts - I need something to hide the Dunlop.

·
Registered
225 Posts
ww.wsj.com/articles/why-the-extremist-boogaloo-boys-wear-hawaiian-shirts.

Behind a wsj pay firewall, why would I do such a thing?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts