Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
The Volcano is restless where is Joe?

Im pretty sure it (the volcano) is going to do what it wants and man cant change that.

Also pretty sure its not done yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,823 Posts
The potential for a catastrophic eruption? Is the new underwater volcano Loihi going to take over from the big island volcanoes? Will this be a slow and orderly transfer of magma or could things get very dangerous? And catastrophic?

I had a series of bad dreams years ago where the big island experiences some incredible eruptions .... then everything stops. Everything. Weeks of quiet while pressure starts to build up. Then a series of growing big earthquakes.

Then suddenly all activity gets transfered to Loihi, the underwater volcano 20 miles SE of the big island. A truly catastrophic underwater eruption. Then the big island of Hawaii suddenly sub-ducts over 5000 feet. One mile in 30 seconds.

The results are a series of Pacific Rim Mega Tsunamis. Three hundred footers on the American West Coast. It was only a series of bad nightmares. I was healing up from a bad lower back injury. Traction. But ...the dreams stays with me.

YIKES!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Well, they simply need to make a law that General erupting, spewing pyroplastic ash, flowing molten lava, starting fires, and interrupting or damaging the lives of humans is illegal.

Maybe a really hefty fine too?

Reactions: .45fan

·
Registered
19,745 Posts
The Volcano is restless where is Joe?

Im pretty sure it (the volcano) is going to do what it wants and man cant change that.

Also pretty sure its not done yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Didn't greenland or Iceland manage to reroute a flow once?

·
Premium Member
127,272 Posts
Sounds ominous

·
Premium Member
3,823 Posts
Wow! So what I am thinking, (difficult for me always!) is that if for whatever reason a weather change sweeps the smog over populated areas will there be major health problems?

Honolulu?

How would this compare with dense forest fire smoke? Different process. Different gases. We have had smoke conditions in SW Oregon bad enough that we almost evacuated out.

Where would the Honolulu residents go?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
No issues for Honolulu. Prevailing winds are ENE. We have friends currently, on the other side of the big island, in the Kona area. Everything is fine there. Not so fine however for the people in the Pahoa area.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts