Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carring my xd40. I just can't conceal it. I am 6' 2" tall. My chest and waist are just about the same size. Iweigh 230 pounds. Ihave a galco fletch holster and i wear it behind the right hip and i wear polo shirts extra large but it still prints. Any suggestions ????????? Thanks As this is my first post here. :? :?:

·
Registered
179 Posts
It's a problem. I'm about your size, and a vest or shirt made of fairly substantial fabric is the only way to carry on the belt. In all honesty, I have been toying with buying a Kahr to get the thickness down under an inch. I like the XD-9 sub, but it is closer to service pistol size than CCH size. I'd probably set it up with an XML light and a sleeved hicap for the house gun and use the Kahr for carry.

·
Registered
249 Posts
You know I understand it can be difficult in the summer to completely conceal the XD but I'm not sure why people worry about it so much. I carry it in a Galco on my hip with a T-Shirt if I need to. I'm never intentionally trying to display the weapon but if someone can see it print so what. It's none of their damn business. I have the CCW, its covered by a t-shirt and I'm in Virginia so if I like I'll carry it open and so be it.

I'm not trying to minimize others concerns but I'm just not so self conscious about it.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
The problem is you are too skinny! Gain some weight dough boy! LOL.. I weigh in at a lithe 200 lbs. and 6'2" and the only people that can tell I carry are the people that I have to shoot!

Fortunately, nobody knows that I carry.. because I hate shooting people! LOL

Raymond

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Depending on your shape and the weather, some pistols may never conceal. I still haven't worked out a good solution for warm weather wear, but I did pick up a P3AT just for the small size.
What I need to work out is to loose weight around the waist to be able to get at it, or add a ton more weight so that I can just shove into a roll of fat for concealment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
OLDROOKIE: Don't gain weight just to conceal a gun you are legally authorized. Creates a whole bunch of other problems with you health and wardrobe. Try an inside the pants holster. Maybe a bit uncomfortable w/o a wife beater between you and the t-shirt. Light color t-shirt are hard not to imprint some but A_Med's advice is steel on target, they can kiss your ass. :p

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
I dont care anymore if it prints or not.IM LEGAL!

·
Registered
347 Posts
A service pistol in a standard belt holster is probably going to pring some if you're just using a light shirt as a cover garment. You'd do better with an IWB holster and an SC.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts