Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't mean to beat this subject to death but I've searched heavily on the forums for this comparison/vantage point. It seems not many have shot both Springer Precision and PRP trigger jobs. I'd like to hear from those members that have shot both or even better own both trigger jobs.

I'd also like to hear from those members that purchased one or the other for one gun and the next time around went with the competitors product.

1. How did they compare. Give me examples of the different aspects of the trigger pull and how they compared to each other.

2. After putting some good time at the range, which would you buy today if you were to purchase another XD? Why?

If you've only shot or owned one of the above please don't respond, I've honestly read quite a bit of individual experiences. This time I'm looking for first hand side by side comparison. And yes I've read this already

XD/XDM Trigger Jobs Review: Springer Precision vs. Powder River Precision - TheFiringLine Forums

Thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thats funny I dont see anyone in that thread that has shot both, maybe I'm missing something.
Not being rude but yes, your missing it. There is a lot of info here on both. With all that you should compare the two and decide. You cant go wrong with either.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Did you not see the thread right below yours. HAHA.... That being said, I have shot both and prefer the PRP trigger. The springer trigger sits to far back for my comfort level. I have pretty large hands. They both feel great and work very well. I also like the reset better on the PRP. Its all personal preference.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a PRP ultimate trigger installed in an XD45 tac and love it. When I bought my XD9sc PRP was out of stock on their trigger so I purchased and installed a Springer trigger. Both are a great choice but for me I just liked the feel of the PRP, maybe because I was already use to it. In the end I installed a PRP trigger in my XD9sc when they became available. If I was going to get another XD, I would not hesitate to put a PRP trigger in that gun as well. The difference between the two is subtile. Both are excellent. It really is a personal choice.

Cloner

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you not see the thread right below yours. HAHA.... That being said, I have shot both and prefer the PRP trigger. The springer trigger sits to far back for my comfort level. I have pretty large hands. They both feel great and work very well. I also like the reset better on the PRP. Its all personal preference.
Yes I did HA HA HA. Funny no members posted they shot both in that thread. Plus the way he phrased his question would generate responses of people who own only one of the trigger kits. I wanted specific feedback from members who have shot or owned both. Thanks for the feedback about how the trigger sits far back.

I have a PRP ultimate trigger installed in an XD45 tac and love it. When I bought my XD9sc PRP was out of stock on their trigger so I purchased and installed a Springer trigger. Both are a great choice but for me I just liked the feel of the PRP, maybe because I was already use to it. In the end I installed a PRP trigger in my XD9sc when they became available. If I was going to get another XD, I would not hesitate to put a PRP trigger in that gun as well. The difference between the two is subtile. Both are excellent. It really is a personal choice.
Cloner
Thanks as well Cloner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts