Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I carry a XDSC9 and am thinking about giving it to my wife and buying a XD45 for myself. I love the SC but I always carry it with the extended magazine. Thought I might go to a .45 and it looks like it would fit in my serpa holster.

Is there anything I'm not going to like about the 45?

·
Registered
616 Posts
That really depends on what you look for in a gun. There might be things that you like and others dont. If you like the XD, and the .45 calibur, there shouldn't be anything you don't like about the XD45.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That really depends on what you look for in a gun. There might be things that you like and others dont. If you like the XD, and the .45 calibur, there shouldn't be anything you don't like about the XD45.
I'd just like the idea of the .45 round if I ever had to use it. I'd be keeping the 9mm to use at the range and the wife would carry it. She's got a 380 now and loves my XDSC9.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Go for it then. I have the XD9sc, and that is actually my daily carry. I'm currently selling a Ruger P345 to fund an XD45. I'm kind of in the same position you are but my views are a little different. I won't be carrying the 45, because I like the 9mm round, and the higher capacity mags. My wife also loves my 9, so after I get my XD45, next on the list will be her own XD9sc.

·
Premium Member
21,755 Posts
Nothing wrong with a Good Ol 45!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Go for it. You might check out the compact version. IMHO it gives you more options.
I've got a XD .45 Compact Tactical and a XD .40sc with a .9mm conversion barrel. I conceal carry both in a iwb holster and prefer to carry the .45, but the .40 is no slouch either. Either gun I can carry with a short magazine, which conceals better, and have a full size for a spare.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
If you wait a wee bit, there should be an XDm compact version in .45acp out.

(if history is any guide)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts