Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I just got done with my math finals last night, and in anticipation of my victory over the devil's science (mathematics), I also put in my request for PTO from work for today. So after taking care of a couple "responsible" things and taking a 2015 Mustang for a test drive (no GT's available, dammit!), I took the Ruger 22/45 MkIII, Jericho 941, Beretta 96A1 and Glock 19 out to the range for some "alone time" at 7 yards For informational purposes, I hold at 6 o'clock when aiming at the bullseye which is why the groups seem "low."

This is the second time I've taken the Beretta 96A1 out to the range and I've got a grand total of 100 rounds through it, and I don't think I'm really "in love" with the thing. It's a fine example of a Beretta, but I dunno. Here's 30rds, 3x 10rd groups with the first shot in DA:

Next up, 10rds (iirc?) should be 2x 5rd groups with DA first shots for both. This one surprised me, because I did MUCH better the last time I went out. Oh well, it's an excuse to keep looking for replacement factory sights and to slick up the still-stock trigger:

And a guest appearance by Mr. G19 the 2nd (Gen). 15rds, 3x 5d groups, fired at the same spot I put about 20rds of .22LR in, LOL:

And finally, the Ruger's group. I was just having so much fun plinking that I kept shooting at the same target with over 100rds, a mix of CCI Std Velocity 40gr and Aguila SuperExtra 40gr high velocity ammo. I think I'm getting the hang of this setup, finally:

Wish I brought more .22lr with me. I also helped out some noobs (their pistol needed some lube, so I game 'em a squirt of the old Tetra gun grease - problem solved!) and a couple who couldn't figure out why their pistol was locking to the rear with ammo still in the magazine (grip issue with the lady). Was a good time. Wish all days off were like this.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I can understand why you went to the range today 12-15 and dam near 80 and sunshine.
I wish I coulda joined ya......

Let me know if your interested in a new FORD a good buddy sells um at Jordan FORD has for over 25 yrs..I can give ya a name if interested.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can understand why you went to the range today 12-15 and dam near 80 and sunshine.
I wish I coulda joined ya......

Let me know if your interested in a new FORD a good buddy sells um at Jordan FORD has for over 25 yrs..I can give ya a name if interested.
Yeah, it's gorgeous out there today. I admit that it was a bit warmer than I expected, but it didn't bother me. Pleasant surprise, actually!

Not 100% in the market right now, but I appreciate the offer. I'm also packing the X-Price partner program benefit from my place of work, which will help me with my admittedly poor negotiation skills. I'll let you know if I change my mind. Thanks!

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
7yds is entirely too easy to the point of boredom.

I'd say nice groups but these are par for your shooting.

Lets do some off hand 25yd fun!

Totally agree about taking a day for man stuff though. Last time I got out and shot I wandered through bass pro and a few other gun stores before I hit the range then at the **** out of some beef brisket afterwards.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
7yds is entirely too easy to the point of boredom.

I'd say nice groups but these are par for your shooting.

Lets do some off hand 25yd fun!

Totally agree about taking a day for man stuff though. Last time I got out and shot I wandered through bass pro and a few other gun stores before I hit the range then at the **** out of some beef brisket afterwards.
I'm going to start shooting at 15yds at speed to practice for GSSF matches. And now I'm thinking about brisket. Sh*t.
Also, the ecoboost mustang is suppopsed top be a loot of fun to drive honestly. it's the V6 no one wants.
They had just gotten two Ecoboosts in so I didn't get to drive one (and they were both automatics), and to be honest I might want one of the Ecoboosts over the GT. The little guys are making over 400whp on the Focus ST's after some mods. That's good enough for me! The V6 wasn't bad - compliant ride over the crappy SATX roads, and little body roll in the turnarounds. I think it would definitely need the lower gearing offered in some packages, though. 3.73's would work well with the V6, I'd think.

·
Administrator
17,192 Posts
Nice day. I'm coming off nights. That's the most enthusiasm I can muster right now.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not going to lie - the new coyote engine is pretty impressive. I may hold off on a potential purchase until I secure new employment so I can truly and comfortably afford one, appointed with everything I want on it. :) BTW, LOVE the American Muscle website - so many bad ideas are had there. :D
Nice day. I'm coming off nights. That's the most enthusiasm I can muster right now.
You'll recover quickly, I think. Then, get out and shoot!
I wanna do some GSSF matches

I think the 41 is gonna try out some of the goofy looking ATS sights.
I hate you just for having a 41 right now. :( May or may not be my next pistol purchase, depending on how long that WC Beretta takes to get in my hands! *mad*

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
and to be honest I might want one of the Ecoboosts over the GT. The little guys are making over 400whp on the Focus ST's after some mods. That's good enough for me! The V6 wasn't bad - compliant ride over the crappy SATX roads, and little body roll in the turnarounds. I think it would definitely need the lower gearing offered in some packages, though. 3.73's would work well with the V6, I'd think.
You stop it! You stop it right now! There is nothing more un-American than a Mustang that lacks a V8. I am disappointed in you......

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You stop it! You stop it right now! There is nothing more un-American than a Mustang that lacks a V8. I am disappointed in you......

Yup, which is why they've always been offered with a 6 cylinder engine. Don't forget the SVO turbocharged 4-cylinder in the mid-80's, too. I take it you're not too familiar with the car's history, but felt the need to say the oft-repeated V8 or go home mantra regardless? ;) :lol:

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Yup, which is why they've always been offered with a 6 cylinder engine. Don't forget the SVO turbocharged 4-cylinder in the mid-80's, too. I take it you're not too familiar with the car's history, but felt the need to say the oft-repeated V8 or go home mantra regardless? ;) :lol:
Oh, I know their history very well. Doesn't mean I have to agree with it! :)

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
No, but you can have the good sense to accept it. ;)
I'm just saying, no Mustang should be without the growl of a V8! Disagree with me if you will. I'm sure it won't be the last time you're wrong...... Lol

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm just saying, no Mustang should be without the growl of a V8! Disagree with me if you will. I'm sure it won't be the last time you're wrong...... Lol

Oh, I absolutely love the sound of a V8 Mustang! It's what got me started on looking at buying one, starting with the test drive of a '13 GT with the Brembo brake upgrade.

Now, why don't you tell me if you'd drive an automatic trans sports car...

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Oh, I absolutely love the sound of a V8 Mustang! It's what got me started on looking at buying one, starting with the test drive of a '13 GT with the Brembo brake upgrade.

Now, why don't you tell me if you'd drive an automatic trans sports car...
That's the second most un-American thing! Must be a manual! That being said, the doctor I work for bought a new Porsche 911 Turbo S. Fastest production 0-60 car in the world. I gave him crap for it being automatic. Until I drove it. The launch mode on that thing with the auto tranny will make your pants tight, let me tell ya. And it's not easy to hide a stiffy when you're wearing scrubs. Lol

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's the second most un-American thing! Must be a manual! That being said, the doctor I work for bought a new Porsche 911 Turbo S. Fastest production 0-60 car in the world. I gave him crap for it being automatic. Until I drove it. The launch mode on that thing with the auto tranny will make your pants tight, let me tell ya. And it's not easy to hide a stiffy when you're wearing scrubs. Lol

I've got a soft spot in my heart for the Porsche 911's, the Mrs knows that's my Midlife-Crisis Mobile. :D The double clutch automatic transmissions in those cars are so ridiculously fast at shifting, it only makes sense to have it on a car like a Porsche.

However, a muscle car HAS to have a manual trans. I suppose that would mean that an ecoboost or V6 Mustang would be OK to be equipped with an auto, since they're not musclecars. I wouldn't drive one equipped that way, though. ;)

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I've got a soft spot in my heart for the Porsche 911's, the Mrs knows that's my Midlife-Crisis Mobile. :D The double clutch automatic transmissions in those cars are so ridiculously fast at shifting, it only makes sense to have it on a car like a Porsche.

However, a muscle car HAS to have a manual trans. I suppose that would mean that an ecoboost or V6 Mustang would be OK to be equipped with an auto, since they're not musclecars. I wouldn't drive one equipped that way, though. ;)
See!?! Now we're on the same page. That Turbo S is a monster, let me tell you. A true blast to drive. I'm just glad he payed for it and I get to drive it once a year. Lol

1 - 20 of 37 Posts