Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately I've been wanting another 1911 to replace the one I traded a few months ago. On our local trader board there are two Taurus PT1911's right now that I'm betting I could trade my XD9 Service for. I had a Rock Island, and I really liked it, and I'd love to get a Springfield. The Taurus has lots of features but I've read reports of little things happening like safeties breaking, etc. Now that I've got my sub for carry and my Tactical for shooting I don't really need the Service, per se, but I'm trying to be strong and hang on to it just because I like it.

Now if a Springer 1911 comes up for trade...look out! Even a nice RIA, I'd trade for if the other person would give me some cash with it. I'm just trying not to settle for the Taurus (it's nice, I've just read too many reports of things breaking).

(I know, you should never give up a gun to get another one, but with my budget, that's about the only way I get anything)

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would seem that way...every gun I get that I say I'm going to keep I end up trading. The closest I've had lately was my G26 which I traded for after selling (and regretting it) my first one. But when I went XD, the G26 just wouldn't do so it had to go so I could get my subcompact :)

·
Registered
855 Posts
What are you waiting for?! Do it do it DO IT!! :)

Just kidding. From what I've read, some Taurus guns seem to be better than others. Any idea what their warranty terms are and whether they transfer with ownership?

I just bought a new Sig in .40 and am looking at maybe buying one in 9mm this week. Neither pistol is really needed, but what the heck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts