Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Could anybody tell the best reloading data for the XD 45 ACP? Including bullets used, bullet grains, powder, powder charge they used.
Well, there isn't any actual "best" but there are lots of really good loads you can try. Every gun reacts differently and you should try different loads to see which ones your gun shoots best with.

I like Red Dot, Unique, and Tite Group for my .45 ACP loads. I use 4.5gr Red Dot under a 200gr LSWC bullet, 6.0gr Unique under the same bullet, and 4.5gr Tite Group under a 230gr LRN bullet.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Im shooting a 230gr LRN with 6.2gr of Unique and 4.5gr of titegroup.

Im also shooting a 230 gr hornady XTP with 4.5gr of titegroup and all I can say is WOW. That combo is accurate beyond belief. Next up for the experimenting is 185gr noslers.

·
Banned
2,879 Posts
Anything 200 grains with 4.7 grains of WST is the recommendation that Fred gives. I have used W-231, Silhouette (Jacketed) and True blue for jacketed and cast. My next handloads for my XDm will be a 200 gr. SWC with 4.7 grains of WST. SWCs are known to cause feeding problems in the XD, so you might want to try a 200 gr. Round Nose Flatpoint. I use that bullet also and I will be trying it with the 4.7 Grains of WST. For Jacketed, I use the 185 gr. Golden Saber and will soon be switching to the ZERO 230 gr. JHP. ;)

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
I use a 230gr Precision Bullets RNFP over 4.6gr of Bullseye, seated to an OAL of 1.19" with a Winchester WLP primer.

It chronos at about 770fps.

It approximates a factory load, and is really cheap, pleasant to shoot and accurate.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm using 230gr LRN over Tite Group as well. I don't remember how much offhand, but I'm pretty sure it's less than 4.5. I should probably run a box at 4.5 to see how it compares.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I've been using American Select lately, and it seems to work well, although, I have to admit, I'm going to try WST next time I buy powder thanks to Fred's recommendation. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts