Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
I'm not sure of what to think of that offer. Time period ended and all of a sudden it was extended "because our servers crashed". CCUSA has had a lot of bargain stuff this year.
I have a ballon insurance policy that covers odd/off the wall stuff. I'm gonna have to make sure it would cover that.
As long as you were cool and level headed, there should have been no rounds down range unless needed. Why should we be worried about carrying out our right to defend ourselves? I think they are trying to create a market. NRA has insurance but it doesn't pay unless and until the case is closed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately I've been told that if you do discharge a weapon, in mo, that:
A) You will be arrested
B) You will have your guns taken
C) You will goto court

And of course this all takes money to pay the attorney. A good attorney costs a lot. We do have castle doctrine so if proven not guilty that would help with the civil suits however I'm more worried about the over jealous prosecutor.

Who do you have that umbrella policy with? And do they cover scenarios i.e. self defense?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Unfortunately I've been told that if you do discharge a weapon, in mo, that:
A) You will be arrested
B) You will have your guns taken
C) You will goto court

And of course this all takes money to pay the attorney. A good attorney costs a lot. We do have castle doctrine so if proven not guilty that would help with the civil suits however I'm more worried about the over jealous prosecutor.

Who do you have that umbrella policy with? And do they cover scenarios i.e. self defense?
I live in MO as well. While you can be sure you will most likely be arrested, held, and your gun taken, you don't necessarily go to court. I've heard stories in MO of justifiable shootings that the prosecuting attorney didn't file any charges and victim was released. However, if there is any doubt it went beyond self defense, you will most likely be heading for trial.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts