Springfield XD Forum banner

Hate to do this, but...

3K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Nightspell 
#1 ·
Haven't been back here in a while, and the HiCap mag thread I was following for a long time cannot be found. Is AJames still the guy to go to for Hi-Cap XD9 mags? I can NOT get them ANYWHERE around here! Are they still in short supply?

Sorry to clutter the forum with a stupid, old, repeating question, but I've searched through the forums and tried the search engine and can't find anything.

Thanks for the help fellas.

#2 ·
I'm looking for 1 or 2 myself. Right now only new owners of XDs will be getting them and from what I've seen no one has any extras to sell. I can wait awhile untill demand dies down and then they will be plentiful again. (I hope) :|

#7 ·
AJames -- Are you expecting any more? I know the supply isn't stable, so I assume you can't predict shipments. Do you take pre-payments?

Thanks again Ajames!

Cmptrn3rd; thanks for the link. I might have to go that way provided there's any left when I get back to my home PC (don't like using CC info on work comps), and depending on AJames response.

#10 ·
Reynolds-Wrap said:
Can we use the .40 <strike>hi-cap</strike> standard capacity mags for 9mm like we used to during the ban? I'm still carrying the pre-post-ban (I think I'll call it "ban era") .40 mags stuffed with 15+1 9mms. Never any problems.
Good question. But how about finding out how many 9mm rounds you can fit into a .40 hi-cap mag??? Anyone do this yet? I'm guessing 17+1?

#12 ·
Hey AJames -- don't worry about it man, I got lucky. Just happened to stop by the gunstore after they recieved a shipment, but before they stocked them. $24.99/pop, I didn't even bat an eye. Would have paid $35 just to finally have them. Took home 2 of the remaining 3, and now I wonder if I should have just took em all. Thanks again AJames.

Blackhawk -- good question, I've been wondering that myself. I was guessing more around the area of 18/19 +1?

#14 ·
I have an XD9. At the moment I only have one 15 rd. mag for it.. but after re-reading this post... I am afraid they might becomes scarce.. so I called the local Sportsman's Wharehouse to see if they had any... yep.. 15 in stock (Ironic eh?) 24.99 ea.

Well.. I don't want to take a chance that they will be gone and I wont be able to get one.. (better get two!) Guess where I get to go in the morning! (I hate that store! They always make me buy stuff I did not intend to buy!)

Raymond

#15 ·
son of a bitch!!

I went to the store this morning.. and picked up two more 15 round magazines.. now I have two ten round mags, and three 15 round mags! but that's not all! Those bastards have everything on sale.. 10% off! So I had to pick up a kydex two mag belt carrier, and a mag-light holster (I lost the one that came with it...) and a belt (wrong size, I will have to return that..)

The one thing they didn't have was bullets.. I mean they had bullets, but I am getting low on plinking rounds. I wanted to buy another "mega pack" of the UMC 9mm Luger.. but they won't get a shipment in until tuesday.. which means I will have to go back..

This hobby is costing me a fortune! (small fortune)

Raymond

#16 ·
Good question. But how about finding out how many 9mm rounds you can fit into a .40 hi-cap mag??? Anyone do this yet? I'm guessing 17+1?
To answer your question - my brand new 12rd 40's (translated to read the spring is so hot still it shot 6 9mm rounds straight into the air while attempting this) held 17 so after they've loosened or the retaining lip has been closed down some you may get 18 in it.

I'm just happy to have the new addition :) Gander Mountain has the 12rd 40's instock for 33 something - almost grabbed a couple today.

#17 ·
swatch76 said:
what store did yo go to? I know that adventure sports has them in lynnwood washington but they wantes 34 dollars
Actually, I got them from Bullseye in Tacoma. I had a hard time getting them, and they jacked me around for a while, but I just happened to be there at the right time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.