Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hmmm, I have the Frankford Arsenal device which is a cursing and blessing. Glad to see some competition. If it proves to be reliable I may consider but the price needs to come down.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
As noted, been done before, I even made my own, but really filling tubes is not a big deal. Sit in front of the evening news & hunt & peck for 60-90sec per tube, done. I rarely load more than 500 at a pop, about 45min total on my 650, 1hr on the 550.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
It is the least enjoyable part of reloading, but come on, it does not take a long time.

Plus, that guy's developing bad habits by having his finger poorly placed on the trigger :roll:

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
I couldn't even stand to watch the news for longer than a few minutes... same fear mongering every evening.
Yeah but then you become one of those blissful idiots that don't even know who the VP is. Makes my head hurt how stupid most people are. I can decipher fear mongering from things I should know.;)

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You know us Kansas folk can't be all sophisticated like you West Coast'ers. I read more than I watch, but it's pretty much just as bad.

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
72 bucks plus shipping. Meh, I'll just keep loading 10 tubes in a sitting while watching boob tube. Bought extra tubes used from guy at weely practical match. Great deal. Like 10 at a time because equals one box of primers.

Why the heck make it a 1911 shape? That added something to the cost.

·
Banned
2,879 Posts
Yeah, I saw that in the Hornady new product announcement the other day. Kind of amusing. Unfortunately, since I'm in Team Hornady I had asked them to release their new 7mm 120 gr. SST to handloaders that they're using in their "Custom Lite" ammo. They said they'd consider it, but evidently they didn't consider it long! Maybe next year. ;)

·
Registered
18,867 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
For 20 bucks I'd probably try it, for 72 not a chance.

Speaking of quick loaders though, if you have a Buckmark or Ruger MK3 check out one of these. I have one a flippin LOVE it. Greatest invention since the slicing of the bread.

McFadden Ultimate Clip Loader 22 Long Rifle Pistol Mag Loader Polymer
Although the name "clip loader" is the bane of the educated shooter, the device does work. I bought one over a year ago and when I go shooting with a 22 pistol it makes loading multiple magazines much faster. Once you set the "depth" screw so the magazine goes into the device the right amount it works pretty well. Occasionally you can get a round in lengthwise, but if you hold the magazine and loader together at a less than vertical angle it seems to eliminate that.

There is also a loader from Butler Creek (I think) which works for Ruger 10/22 rifle magazines... even the new 25rnd ones. It uses a crank which you turn to load those magazines. You kind of have to "feel" them into place and not just crank at full speed, but it works and takes the grind out of loading those large 25rnd magazines.

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
I use the Vibra-prime. woeks great. would never go back to pecking at primers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts