Springfield XD Forum banner

Did you buy more guns because of Obama's stance on the 2a?

• Yes

• No

• I plan on it

• Who's Obama?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
15,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to know who has purchased new "toys" due to the election of Mr. Hussein Obama.

Me... I picked up a Bushmaster M4 the day after.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
No not yet; I think the Pres Elect has got a lot more to do then worry about firearm laws. We probably won't see Obama doing much on gun control until after the economy and war issues are on the mend. He can't afford to split the country just after the election and needs to focus on bringing everyone together.

The senate is probably where we will see the Dem's try something but doubt we'll see anything for 12 to 18 months. I'm pretty suprised with the down economy that everyone has bought up a ton of firearms on fear mongering. I would venture to guess in 6 - 8 months a lot of guns will get dumped on the market selling for cheap as most have paid for them on credit. Especially if we continue on a downward trend.

The economy probably won't up turn until March or April tax refund time for consumers and give Obama a few months in office and go through the holiday season. A lot of companies are reducing the workforce. I went through a RIF last year so I'm keeping credit cards paid off and paying cash for everything just in case I need a few months on credit.

With all that said though I'm in a different position then some as I already have the weapons I need and now its just stuff I would like to have. Like a FH SCAR HVY STANDARD.....but they are not being released anytime soon so I may get an M1A with the tax return next year.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Voted yes (because technically I did), but really no. I bought ammo, mostly because everyone else is, wanted to get me share before all the panicers take it all.:D

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
I could not resist the deal on Stag kits from the group buy over on ARF.com.
It's Obama's fault for sure.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Yes I needed an excuse for the GSG-5, M1A Loaded and the Mossberg 590.

LOL

·
Registered
541 Posts
I personally started preparing for the next AWB as soon as the last one sunset and have spread my purchases of guns and ammo out over the past three years.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I voted no. I had bought a new gun a week or so before the election, and I want to buy another fairly soon.

But I was going to buy those regardless of who had won the election. I had been wanting a compact 9mm and liked the s&w m&p compacts, and when they started the holiday rebate/2 free mags promotion, I couldnt resist any more.

And the one I have my eye on next is a bolt action rifle, I hardly think those are anywhere near the top of anyones priority list for weapons to ban.

Of course I have toyed with the idea of putting an m4 on my credit card. I decided it wasnt worth pushing my finances to the limit though.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
I am building another AR,

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yes, No, Maybe so! Or it could be BRD. About 2 or 3 weeks ago I picked up a used AR and yesterday I went into a local shop for some once fired .223 he called me about. Well there in the display case was a stripped Stag lower for a buck and a quarter. Soooooo it came home too.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
As much as I wanted to go out and order about 4 grand worth of mags, guns, and ammunition on the day after the election, it's not gonna happen. I'm just starting off in this "mean and cruel" world and want to get as much in savings as possible and not dig a hole w/ the credit card I can't get out of.

I'll get what I can, when I can. If an AWB happens before I get what I want, so be it. For now, I'll do what I can to keep it from happening so I have more time to get what I want.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I bought my AR so i would be able to have one before the ban take effect. Now i just need to get some more mags.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I haven't bought any new toys since his election.

But just the thought of a Democrat getting in office over a year ago led me to acquire all the semi auto rifles, lower receivers, and their magazines that I figure I will ever need.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
I have all of toys I need. I am concentrating on reloading supplies at the moment.

I have bought a couple of guns but not because of Obama. It is because I wanted them!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I voted a firm "yes." I got my Saiga late this summer and converted it in September before the elections and picked up 10 magazines and 1k rounds of ammo. Then I decided an AR would be a good idea, so I got 10 magazines and currently have the stripped lower, stock assembly, and grip... I need to wait till December to get a LPK, and I ordered a CMMG complete upper that's on back order.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts