Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went into one of my local shops today and saw a brand new 92fs italian. From a distance it looked alright. Up close was a different story.

Upon inspection, there was huge scratches right under the slide on the front of the frame. I cant even really explain how it looked. The scratches looked deep and heavier than "simple scratches". That was quite displeasing. Also, the frame mounted safety was super gritty and trying to decock was not smooth at all. I started to get a bad taste in my mouth.

I was too scared to look deeper that the surface.

What the hell Beretta? :x
Also this doesn't seem to be the first time lately with beretta's as noted on berettaforum.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Best Beretta pistols i've seen recently have been US made, the Italian ones have not been up to the same standards. Thier shotguns continue to be outstanding across the board, however. So I wonder if its a case of one facility having some issues.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Does the shop lock them up at night? I've bought a gun from a shop before and didn't realize until I got home the giant scratches across the top (my old XDs, actually.) Called the shop and they just said "We throw them all in the safe, might have happened there."

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does the shop lock them up at night? I've bought a gun from a shop before and didn't realize until I got home the giant scratches across the top (my old XDs, actually.) Called the shop and they just said "We throw them all in the safe, might have happened there."
I couldn't tell ya.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
I was going to suggest that you don't know where that damage occurred. Could just be a crappy shop or careless lookie-lous.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was going to suggest that you don't know where that damage occurred. Could just be a crappy shop or careless lookie-lous.
Very true.

But also consider how crappy the safety was...unless thats just a beretta! lol

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Like I said earlier - no idea what's been done to that pistol.

I've never experienced a problem with the feel of the safety on Berettas. I'd say get your hands on another and make your decision from there.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have several Beretta pistols all made in Italy and the quality has always been excellent. Can't speak for shotguns, not my thing.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have an Italian 92FS bought new about 6 months ago and it was/is perfect in every way. About a thousand rounds so far with not a single issue. Very fun to shoot and very accurate.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Both of these guns safety controls function smoothly, the Inox is a newer FS model and the compact is an 1985 F model. Finish on both is very good. I looked at a couple of Beretta 90-TWO models and the fit and finish was also very good.

I would think the gun you saw with deep scratches has been mishandled.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Was happier than absolute Hell to finally get to shoot one in the U.S of A's Army. However; then came the actual usage of one in an actual battlefield in this sandbox **** hole called Iraq somewhere in the "middle east a while back that forever ruined the handgun in my eyes. When u are firing at an assailant and it looks like he is getting pelted by rocks and just keeps on running there's definitely a problem. No blood trail either which means I was on target but the rounds were just not penetrating skin... At all. Just one of the events I've witnessed that further degraded my own opinion and experience on the capabilities as an effective weapon. That and other things I've witnessed the not so great Berreta do. It is my opinion and experience though, definitely nothing that I desire to own and would take any .22lr over it for as long as I live.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Was happier than absolute Hell to finally get to shoot one in the U.S of A's Army. However; then came the actual usage of one in an actual battlefield in this sandbox **** hole called Iraq somewhere in the "middle east a while back that forever ruined the handgun in my eyes. When u are firing at an assailant and it looks like he is getting pelted by rocks and just keeps on running there's definitely a problem. No blood trail either which means I was on target but the rounds were just not penetrating skin... At all. Just one of the events I've witnessed that further degraded my own opinion and experience on the capabilities as an effective weapon. That and other things I've witnessed the not so great Berreta do. It is my opinion and experience though, definitely nothing that I desire to own and would take any .22lr over it for as long as I live.
Are you saying the gun was the problem or the 9mm ball ammo the military is required to use?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Are you saying the gun was the problem or the 9mm ball ammo the military is required to use?
I was wondering the same thing. If you are hitting the target and the target keeps moving it isn't the gun. 9mm ball ammo is likely the issue. Only good use for 9mm ball ammo is range use. I wouldn't even trust that kind of ammo in any 9mm pistol for self protection.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
So Your blaming the gun itself over the military ball 9mm ammo??.. if the gun was shooting and you were scoring hits id say the Beretta did as promised.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts