Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, this is my question to all XDS owners in here....

Has anyone faced a 'life & death" scenario and used their firearm to defend/protect themself or their loved ones?

If you did, a quick background of what lead to you to shoot to protect (either yourself or a loved one) & its pending or final outcome?

I know it might sound weird... but (hopefully) this thread can give the other members here an useful first hand experience.

Appreciate it...thx.

·
Registered
133 Posts
So, this is my question to all XDS owners in here....

Has anyone faced a 'life & death" scenario and used their firearm to defend/protect themself or their loved ones?

If you did, a quick background of what lead to you to shoot to protect (either yourself or a loved one) & its pending or final outcome?

I know it might sound weird... but (hopefully) this thread can give the other members here an useful first hand experience.

Appreciate it...thx.
I haven't. Closest I've been was hand on the grip, ready to draw on what I suspected was a black bear in the brush, which turned out to be 2 semi- lost dogs thinking I was their owner.
But if I had been in any human SD situation, I'd consult my attorney before elaborating on the interwebs.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts

·
Premium Member
127,986 Posts
No, I have not.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I had a PPK on me when my wife called that there was a 6' ( & it was a good 6') rattlesnake in the front yard . It was as big around as my upper arm. It took me a mag & a half to finish him.

That was years ago in south Florida & I do believe I was a lot more scared than him.I know he wasn't human, but still scary. I have had a lot of more peaceful nights when we camped a lot in the wilderness , also years ago, because we had a gun, or two with us.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Never used my gun(s), thankfully.

Used a balisong once, however. Bad stuff, that.

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
I hope and pray I never need to use mine.

·
Banned
20,993 Posts
When I moved back to Tennesse after being in an accident at the PD I was working for in N.C.....I walked into a 7-11 near my moms house...where I ran a sector.....I walked in on a guy who looked like he was getting ready to rob the store....I didnt have a weapon, as civilains didnt have ccw back then and the clerk recognized me...lol...and said "good evening officer"....I reached back under my jacket as though I had a weapon and the customer backed slowly out the door....almost pooped my pants.....lmao....

Reactions: lopez45

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
When I moved back to Tennesse after being in an accident at the PD I was working for in N.C.....I walked into a 7-11 near my moms house...where I ran a sector.....I walked in on a guy who looked like he was getting ready to rob the store....I didnt have a weapon, as civilains didnt have ccw back then and the clerk recognized me...lol...and said "good evening officer"....I reached back under my jacket as though I had a weapon and the customer backed slowly out the door....almost pooped my pants.....lmao....
I would have needed new underwear.

·
Banned
20,993 Posts
I would have needed new underwear.
I honestly couldn't think of anything to do but bluff....I'll give credit to the Street Survival Course I took for saving my a$$ more than once....including the intentional head on wreck I had just survived in N.C.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Never have. Hope I never do. I do carry while at my second job, as a cook at a gas station. Where it's located is pretty shady. If someone comes in shooting, I'm not planning on leaving my ghost there if I can help it.

·
Banned
20,993 Posts
Never have. Hope I never do. I do carry while at my second job, as a cook at a gas station. Where it's located is pretty shady. If someone comes in shooting, I'm not planning on leaving my ghost there if I can help it.
Amen, brother...

·
Registered
8,708 Posts
I've been shot. It sucks. I hope to never have to inflict that pain or worse on someone else. That being said, I won't be shot again.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Closest I have come was when I wa 12 years old, at home alone and someone was trying to get into our house through the back door which had a chain lock. I went to the gun cabinet, grabbed the 12 guage, loaded a couple rounds and walked to about ten feet from the door and racked the slide, as hard and as loud as I could. Who ever was on the other side of the door apparantly knew the sound of a 12 gauge slide, because the door closed and who ever was on the other side of the door disappeared.

·
Registered
36 Posts
When I was about 10 we had some "hippies" break in our house in the middle of the night. My dad ran them out and held them at gunpoint in the front yard til the cops got there.

I was eating at a fast food place and put my hand on the pistol in my holster as a crazy person trapped my brother in the booth. He saw it and ran. Don't know if that qualifies or not. It never came out, cop said I was good with that. My brother now has his CCW.

I would be willing to bet that if anybody ever had to pull the trigger, they probably wouldn't put it out there. I don't think I would.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My wife came to see me while I was getting a tattoo. When she stopped at a red light someone tried getting into her van, she calmly pulled her xd and tapped the window and the guy decided he didn't need to get a ride that bad.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts